Home - Hall of Fame
Call to the Hall
You are cordially invited to a celebration and banquet honoring the 2017 Hall of Fame Class and for Raider Athletics and celebrating the 50th Anniversary of Pierce College.
Saturday, March 25, 2017
Reception at 6 p.m. | Dinner beginning at 7 p.m.
Pierce College Fort Steilacoom
Health Education Center | 9401 Farwest Drive S.W., Lakewood
About the Pierce College Athletics Hall of Fame
The Pierce College Athletics Hall of Fame was established in the Fall of 2009, to recognize and honor the outstanding athletic achievements of its former student-athletes, and the meritorious efforts of coaches, staff, alumni, and other individuals who have made significant contributions to the Pierce College Department of Intercollegiate Athletics. The Hall of Fame membership spans Pierce College's (formerly Fort Steilacoom Community College) athletic history and includes many of Pierce's finest athletes, coaches and supporters of the program.
The purpose of the Athletics Hall of Fame is to provide recognition and honor to individuals who demonstrate athletic excellence, outstanding support or dedicated service to the athletic programs at Pierce College, in one or more of the following areas:
- Athletic achievement – individual athletes and teams
- Noteworthy accomplishments in athletic related areas
- Contributions that bring distinction to Pierce College Athletics
Call for Nominations
The Pierce College Athletic Department, in partnership with the Pierce College Foundation, is pleased to announce the Fourth Raider Athletics Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will be held on Saturday, March 25, 2017. The event will honor the outstanding accomplishments of Raider student-athletes and coaches from the celebrated 49-year history of intercollegiate athletics at Fort Steilacoom Community College and Pierce College. This event will be a key part of Pierce College's 50th Anniversary Celebration.
All Raider alumni, former coaches, and friends of the program are invited to submit a nomination form for any student-athlete, coach, or team who have excelled in the competitive arena during their time at Pierce College.
To guarantee consideration, nominations must be received by September 30, 2016.
Nomination and Selection Forms
Nominations to the Pierce College Athletics Hall of Fame may be made at any time by filling out the forms below. Inductions are held every two years, with selections made approximately four (4) months prior to the induction. The Hall of Fame Committee reviews nominations, with the selections approved by the District Chancellor and Athletic Director of Pierce College.
Criteria for Pierce Athletics Hall of Fame Nominees:
- Athletes – Individual athletes must have completed intercollegiate eligibility at least five (5) years prior to selection, with at least one (1) year of competition at Pierce. Desirable qualifications include graduation, regional All-Star selection, statistical accomplishments, multi-sport athletes, 4-year college/university participation, amateur or professional athletic achievement, and/or continuing contribution to Pierce Athletics. Teams must be at least five (5) years removed from their year of participation. Desirable qualifications include Regional championships, placement at the AACC/NWAACC/NWAC tournament, school or conference records.
- Coaches – Those who coached at least three (3) years at Pierce, but are not currently coaching for the Raiders. Points of consideration will include; win-loss records, regional championships, tournament appearances and placements, successes of student-athletes, improvement of the program, contribution to sports, and achievement in public life.
- Athletics Staff – Athletics staff must have served at least five (5) years at Pierce, or graduated from Pierce and went on to success in athletic administration elsewhere. Desirable qualifications include contributions to the field of intercollegiate, interscholastic or professional sports, and achievement in public life.
- Distinguished Service – Individuals who have contributed to the successes of Pierce College Athletics and do not fall into the categories of athletes, coaches, or athletics staff.