Summer 2017 Session: July 3, 2017 - August 4, 2017
(registration closes July 11)
Fall 2017 Session: October 9, 2017 - November 10, 2017
(registration closes October 17)
TTOL is a fully online 5 week training course offered by the Center for Engagement and Learning.
- 3 weeks online teaching resources, planning, and strategies
- participants complete weekly readings, resources, activities and discussions with other faculty in a cohort class format.
- 2 weeks online course design: work in your practice, master or live course shells
- participants work independently to design or refine assignments, discussions, and other elements of an online or hybrid course in Canvas
- online or in-person sessions with Pierce College instructional designer are available throughout the course
A prerequisite for taking TTOL is completion of Canvas Essentials or a comparable skills/experience in using Canvas learning management system.
There is no fee to sign up. However, you must fully participate in all course activities, discussions and the design activities to earn the certificate of completion. This course is like taking a two-credit course in five weeks, so plan for 6-8 hours of online activities per week (depending on your teaching background and experience in online learning). TTOL covers a variety of instructional strategies and practices in online teaching and utilizes current research and open edu/cation resources (OER) in the content and materials found in each week's module.
* This course is accepted by the Pierce College eLearning department as training that meets one of their requirements to teach a fully online or hybrid course for Pierce College . Faculty who have completed similar training at another institution should contact the Pierce eLearning department for a professional evaluation to determine if previous training or experience can replace this training requirement.
Canvas Essentials is a fully online, introductory course offered and facilitated by Pierce eLearning. This course covers all the basic components of the Canvas learning management system. The course is self-directed with a start and end date for each session.
Visit this link to sign up for the Canvas Essentials self-directed course: Sign Up for Canvas Essentials