Corrections/Protection Officer - Program Outcomes
Corrections/Protections Officer Certificate
- Develop and maintain personal and professional relationships.
- Critically assess one's own attitudes, values and assumptions and consider their impact on individuals within a correctional facility.
- Communicate appropriately based on topic, audience and situation.
- Build knowledge of diverse ideas, values, perspectives and experiences.
- Document a variety of behaviors and events in a manner that is specific, clear, grammatically correct, culturally sensitive, and legally defensible.
- Perform technical skills associated with correctional work.
Core Abilites Outcomes
- Critical, Creative, and Reflective Thinking:
Graduates will evaluate, analyze, and synthesize information and ideas in order to construct informed, meaningful, and justifiable conclusions.
Graduates will be able to critically examine the relationship between self, community, and/or environments, and to evaluate and articulate potential impacts and consequences of choices, actions, and contributions for the creation of sustainable systems.
Graduates will be able to seek, find, evaluate and use information and employ information technology to engage in lifelong learning.
Graduates will be able to exchange messages in a variety of contexts using multiple methods.
Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of diverse ideas, cultures, and experiences, and develop the ability to examine their own attitudes and assumptions in order to understand and work with others who differ from themselves.
Fundamental Areas of Knowledge Outcomes
- Social Sciences:
Graduates use social science research methods and/or theory in order to analyze and interpret social phenomena.