Corrections/Protection Officer - Program Outcomes
Corrections/Protections Officer Certificate
- Develop and maintain personal and professional relationships.
- Critically assess one's own attitudes, values and assumptions and consider their impact on individuals within a correctional facility.
- Communicate appropriately based on topic, audience and situation.
- Build knowledge of diverse ideas, values, perspectives and experiences.
- Document a variety of behaviors and events in a manner that is specific, clear, grammatically correct, culturally sensitive, and legally defensible.
- Perform technical skills associated with correctional work.
Core Abilites Outcomes
- Critical, Creative, and Reflective Thinking:
Graduates will be able to question, search for answers and meaning, and develop ideas that lead to action.
Graduates will be able to respond by examining the relationship between self, community, and environments, evaluating potential impacts and consequences of actions, and making choices and contributions based on that examination and evaluation.
- Information Competency:
Graduates will be able to seek, find, evaluate and use information and employ information technology to engage in lifelong learning.
- Effective Communication:
Graduates will be able to exchange messages in a variety of contexts using multiple methods and tools.
Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of diverse ideas, cultures and experiences and the ability to examine their own attitudes and assumptions in order to engage others with civility and empathy.
Fundamental Areas of Knowledge Outcomes
- Social Sciences:
Graduates use social science research methods and/or theory in order to analyze and interpret social phenomena.