Criminal Justice - Program Outcomes
Corrections/Protections Certificate Outcomes
- Graduates will develop and maintain personal and professional relationships.
- Graduates will critically assess one's own attitudes, values and assumptions and consider their impact on individuals within a correctional facility.
- Graduates will communicate appropriately based on topic, audience and situation.
- Graduates will build knowledge of diverse ideas, values, perspectives and experiences.
- Graduates will document a variety of behaviors and events in a manner that is specific, clear, grammatically correct, culturally sensitive, and legally defensible.
- Graduates will perform technical skills associated with correctional work.
Core Abilities Outcomes
Graduates will be able to respond by examining the relationship between self, community, and environments, evaluating potential impacts and consequences of actions, and making choices and contributions based on that examination and evaluation.
Graduates will be able to exchange messages in a variety of contexts using multiple methods.
Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of diverse ideas, cultures and experiences and the ability to examine their own attitudes and assumptions in order to engage others with civility and empathy.
Fundamental Areas of Knowledge Outcomes
Graduates use social science research methods and/or theory in order to analyze and interpret social phenomena.