Criminal Justice - Program Outcomes
Criminal Justice Certificate for Law Enforcement Officer Outcomes
- Graduates will develop and maintain personal and professional relationships through respect and clear boundaries.
- Graduates will critically assess one's own attitudes, values and assumptions and consider their impact on individuals and the wider society.
- Graduates will critically evaluate past, present and future discrimination and privilege of individuals, societies, groups and institutions.
- Graduates will use a variety of methods and styles to communicate appropriately, orally and in writing, based on topic, audience and situation.
- Graduates will build knowledge of diverse ideas, values, perspective and experiences.
Core Abilities Outcomes
Critical, Creative, and Reflective Thinking:
Graduates will be able to question, search for answers and meaning, and develop ideas that lead to action.
Graduates will be able to exchange messages in a variety of contexts using multiple methods.
Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of diverse ideas, cultures and experiences and the ability to examine their own attitudes and assumptions in order to engage others with civility and empathy.
Fundamental Areas of Knowledge Outcomes
Graduates identify, analyze, and evaluate rhetorical strategies in one's own and other's writing in order to communicate effectively.
Graduates use social science research methods and/or theory in order to analyze and interpret social phenomena.