Pacific Northwest Dental Hygiene Institute - Application Information
How do I Register, Pay, and submit the Eligibility Form?
Registration and Payment of the Course(s) is the only way to save a place in the course.
ONLINE REGISTRATION WILL NOT BE OPEN IN 2016 FOR THE 2017 COURSE DATES. Please check back after January 1, 2017 for further information on registration, current eligibility forms, dates of courses, costs, etc.
SUMMER, August–September 2017: All Documentation is due by June 15, 2017
at 5 p.m.
1: Complete the ONLINE Student Registration and PAY the tuition for all courses you wish to attend.
Direct Link to ONLINE REGISTRATION
- You do NOT need to pay for “Credits” through CCE.
- You do NOT need to apply to Pierce College Admissions. Our PNWDHI does not require a Pierce College Admissions Application.
- Tuition is non-refundable withdrawing after May 31, 2017.
- Withdrawing prior to May 31, 2017, tuition is refundable less a $25.00 administrative fee per course (Maximum of $75.00).
- Failure to SUBMIT the supporting documentation by the posted deadline, June 15, 2017, will also result in forfeiting the full Tuition AND your reserved space in the course(s).
- In the event that the college cancels the course(s), tuition is fully refundable without any administrative fees except the $7.00 per course processing fee.
2: Complete PNWDHI Intake Eligibility Form online, print it, and send it to the below address no later than June 15, 2017.
3: Proof of Dental Hygiene License or Dental Hygiene Graduation in June 2017 or sooner:
- If you are already a licensed dental hygienist in USA or Canada, submit a NOTARIZED copy of your license.
- If you will graduate this year and/or do not yet have your dental hygiene license in the USA or Canada, choose ONE of the below three options:
• Option One: Submit a NOTARIZED copy of your diploma in dental hygiene,
• Option Two: Submit an OFFICIAL transcript from the college with the degree posted,
• Option Three: Obtain an official letter from the director/dean of your dental hygiene program indicating your successful graduation.
- Canadian/International Dental Hygienists will need to submit ONE of the two below options to determine eligibility.
• Option One: Obtain an OFFICIAL transcript from the college with the degree posted,
• Option Two: Obtain an official letter from the director of your dental hygiene program indicating your successful graduation.
- If you are currently an International Dental Hygiene student at an accredited USA or Canadian institution, we will accept you in PNWDHI. Please have the Director or Dean submit a letter indicating your current acceptance as an International Student at their institution.
4: Proof of Current Immunity/Vaccination Status and TB test results.
- Copy of immunization record of receiving Hepatitis B vaccine or Copy of titer report confirming Hepatitis B immunity.
- Copy of proof of vaccination against MMR, polio, and Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis.
- Copy of TB test result (PPD only) within the last six months (6).
(Some people test positive, but do not have active TB. If you test positive, be sure to obtain a letter from your physician stating that you do not have active TB.)
5: Current proof of CPR Healthcare Provider Certification.
- A copy of your current CPR Healthcare Provider card. This does not need to be notarized, but be sure you have it with you during the course(s).
6: Non-US Citizens.
- If you are not a USA citizen, please contact: Shannon Scott, International Education Admissions & Registration Specialist at (253) 964-6656 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to be assigned an International Student ID. Include this number on the Application Form for our reference.
7: Proof of Local Anesthesia certification and/or passing of recent Local Anesthesia Board Examination – if applicable.
Mail Applicable Documentation including the Eligibility Form, Page 2 to:
Pierce College Dental Hygiene, Attn. PNWDHI
9401 Farwest Dr. SW
Lakewood, WA 98498