Dental Hygiene Department - Validation
VALIDATED APPLICATION - WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
All applicants will receive an email using their Pierce College Student Email address indicating whether their application is VALID on INVALID after Feb. 25.
If an application submission is validated, students will be invited to complete THREE admissions tests. These tests are required.
- The Space Relations and the Writing Sample admission tests will be taken on-site at Pierce College Fort Steilacoom in Lakewood on March 23, 2013. This is the only available testing date and location for consideration for admission in fall 2013. Applicants are asked to reserve four hours for the tests. There is no additional testing fee associated with these tests, and alternative test dates are not allowed.
- The third admission test is the Health Science Reasoning Test (HSRT). Applicants must contact the Testing Center via phone at (253) 964-6521 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to complete this test at Pierce Fort Steilacoom. There is no fee for the HSRT test. (Applicants who are unable to take the test at the Fort Steilacoom college must contact the Testing Center to coordinate a proctored test in an appropriate facility. There may be a fee for a proctored test.) The HSRT must be completed no later than Friday, March 22, 2013.
**NOTE: The HSRT is a critical thinking exam. For more information about the HSRT, visit http://www.insightassessment.com/9test-hsrt.html. You may purchase study materials from this site.
Additionally, here is a link to an interactive learning tool to define and enhance your critical thinking: http://www.criticalthinking.org/ctmodel/logic-model1.htm
REASONS FOR INVALIDATION
The following items INVALIDATE an application (This list is not exhaustive):
- Failure to submit ALL completed Application Forms and official transcripts by 12 p.m. on Jan. 25, 2013. (If it arrives at 12:01 p.m. on Jan. 25, 2013, it is invalid.)
- Failure to follow and meet ALL criteria and directions as outlined in Dental Hygiene application process.
- Failure to attain a minimum 2.5 GPA in any single pre-dental hygiene course and a cumulative 3.3 GPA in all pre-dental hygiene courses.
- Failure to pay the application fee.
- Plagiarism or false representation in any way.
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE
All applicants will be notified of their offer of acceptance (conditional or completed), alternate status, or non-acceptance into the Pierce College Dental Hygiene Program by Pierce College email sent on the fourth Friday in April.
DH Program Info Line
Voice: (253) 964-6796
Fulltime Dental Hygiene Faculty
Monica L Hospenthal, RDH, BS, M.Ed.
Director of Dental Hygiene/ Fulltime Professor
Kathy B. Bassett, BSDH, RDH, M.Ed.
Fulltime Professor/Clinical Coordinator
Mary Galagan, RDH, BS, MHA
Fulltime Professor/Community Health and Extramurals
Carolyn D. Roberton, BSDH, RDH
Fulltime Professor, Liaison Student Chapter of ADHA
Pierce College Fort Steilacoom
Dental Hygiene Program
9401 Farwest Drive SW
Lakewood, WA 98498-1999