Dental Hygiene Department - Validation
To maintain your application as VALID, do not forget to submit official winter transcripts is applicable.
Critical Deadline One: Official Transcript with Winter quarter grades received by Pierce College Admissions by 4 p.m. April 10, 2013.
VALIDATED APPLICATION - WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
All applicants will receive an email using their Pierce College Student Email address indicating whether their application is VALID on INVALID after Feb. 25.
If an application submission is validated, students will be invited to complete THREE admissions tests. These tests are required.
- The Space Relations and the Writing Sample admission tests will be taken on-site at Pierce College Fort Steilacoom in Lakewood on March 22, 2014. This is the only available testing date and location for consideration for admission in fall 2014. Applicants are asked to reserve four hours for the tests. There is no additional testing fee associated with these tests, and alternative test dates are not allowed.
- The third admission test is the Health Science Reasoning Test (HSRT). Applicants must contact the Testing Center via phone at 253-964-6521 or via email at email@example.com to schedule a time to complete this test at Pierce Fort Steilacoom. There is no fee for the HSRT test. (Applicants who are unable to take the test at the Fort Steilacoom college must contact the Testing Center to coordinate a proctored test in an appropriate facility. There may be a fee for a proctored test.) The HSRT must be completed no later than Friday, March 21, 2014.
Here is a link to an interactive learning tool to define and enhance your critical thinking: www.criticalthinking.org/ctmodel/logic-model1.htm
REASONS FOR INVALIDATION
The following items INVALIDATE an application (This list is not exhaustive):
- Failure to submit ALL completed Application Forms and official transcripts by noon on Jan. 24, 2014. (If it arrives at 12:01 p.m. on Jan. 24, 2014, it is invalid.)
- Failure to follow and meet ALL criteria and directions as outlined in Dental Hygiene application process.
- Failure to attain a minimum 2.5 GPA in any single pre-dental hygiene course and a cumulative 3.3 GPA in all pre-dental hygiene courses.
- Failure to pay the application fee.
- Plagiarism or false representation in any way.
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE
All applicants will be notified of their offer of acceptance (conditional or completed), alternate status, or non-acceptance into the Pierce College Dental Hygiene Program by Pierce College email sent on the fourth Friday in April.
DH Program Advising information
Fulltime Dental Hygiene Faculty
R.D.H., B.S., M.Ed.
Director of Dental Hygiene/ Fulltime Professor
Kathy B. Bassett
BSDH, RDH, M.Ed.
Fulltime Professor/Clinical Coordinator
RDH, BS, MHA
Fulltime Professor/Community Health and Extramurals
Carolyn D. Roberton
Fulltime Professor, Liaison Student Chapter of ADHA
Pierce College Fort Steilacoom
Dental Hygiene Program
9401 Farwest Drive SW
Lakewood, WA 98498-1999