Academic Resource Center - Home
The Academic Resource Center (ARC) is home to Tutoring Services, the Writing Center, and Supplemental Instruction. ARC is located in the College Center Building - C170 on the Puyallup Campus.
The ARC offers Pierce College students free tutoring in nearly every subject. Services vary to suit your schedule.
- Math Drop-In Tutoring: During scheduled hours tutors are equipped to assist students with basic arithmetic and through the calculus series.
- Subject-Specific Tutoring: Tutors for all subjects cannot always be made available, but tutors skilled in particular subjects can be available during designated times in the schedule.
- Subject-Specific Study Groups: Study groups meeting regularly at specifically designated times can be arranged to accommodate a greater number of students seeking to work together with a tutor.
- Individually Matched Appointments: Students struggling with a particular class are eligible for two hours of individualized tutoring per week.
- Writing Consultation: Students can meet with a writing consultant on a Drop-In basis or by appointment for assistance with any stage of the writing process.
- Supplemental Instruction: If you are Math 98, Anatomy and Physiology or Physics, you may have an SI leader assigned to your class. This tutor will be available to you during class and at appointed times outside of class to support your efforts in this course.
- eTutoring: Pierce College is a member of the Western eTutoring Consortium, a free, online tutoring service that operates in the later evening hours and weekends. This service is available to any registered Pierce College student.
Hours of Operation
Fall, Winter, Spring Hours:
M-Th: 8 a.m.-7 p.m.
F: 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
M-Th: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Tutoring Center Manager
253-912-3637 or 253-864-3387