Supplemental Instruction - Become an SI Leader
SI Leaders are a valuable resource for Pierce College students. They attend all class meetings, take notes, do homework, and read all assigned material, and lead group study sessions weekly throughout the quarter.
The qualifications for an SI Leader include:
- Instructor recommendation.
- An overall GPA of 3.2 or above in the selected course (prior enrollment with the specific instruction is preferred).
- Proven competency in the course, as determined by the instructor.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
SI Leaders are hired each academic quarter. Their duties include:
- Leading 50-minute study sessions 3-5 times per week.
- Regular meetings with the course instructor.
- Providing extra study sessions before exams.
- Providing handouts for study sessions.
- Completing of personnel paperwork.
- Completing of an SI Leader training workshop prior to the start of each quarter.
- Conducting student surveys and schedule study sessions.
- Collecting attendance data at all study sessions.
- Assisting the SI supervisor with preparing reports.
- Maintaining professional attitudes and behaviors.
Click here for more information on how to join our team!