SAVE THE DATE!
State of the State:
Journey Towards Assessing Homeland Security Emergency Management (HSEM) Education
Inaugural HSEM Educators Summit
When: June 17- 18, 2013
Where: Highline Community College
HOSTED BY CENTER OF EXCELLENCE HSEM
DOWNLOAD an information flyer
Glen Woodbury -Director of the Naval Postgraduate School’s Center for Homeland Defense and Security
The conference will bring together educators and practitioners to:
· Juncture—Where are we all at and where are we going? What are our current needs, and how is the community college system currently supporting these?
· Where are we going and what do we need to do to meet the future skills and training needs?
· Identify the State’s HSEM education programs and curriculum; including types of degrees, programs, courses, and faculty.
· How can we fill the gaps, improve the availability, access, quality and knowledge/skill areas in HSEM education?
· Identify kinds of education/training that is needed
· Build network and collaboration with other practitioners.
· Discuss strategies to build our educational pathways