Grants and Loans - Grants
Grants or loans are critical pieces of most students' financial aid awards. Grants need not be paid back; loans must be paid back. Here are the grants and loans available to Pierce College students:
- Federal Pell Grants. These grants are awarded to undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor's degree. They can be used to pay tuition and fees. Any amount left over can be used to cover personal expenses. The federal government uses a standard formula to evaluate each student's eligibility for a Pell Grant. Grants range from $1,300 to $4,500. The amount of your award depends on your Expected Family Contribution (see the upper right portion on the first page of your Student Aid Award for this number), your enrollment status (full- or part-time), and whether you attend college for a full academic year. (Note: You may receive a Pell Grant from only one school at a time.)
- Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants (FSEOG). These awards range from $100 to $600 per academic year and are intended for undergraduate students proving the greatest financial need (as demonstrated by the Expected Family Contribution listed on your Student Aid Award). These funds are paid via check to students after the quarter begins.
- State Need Grants. These awards are for undergraduate students whose family income is equal to or below 65 percent of the state's median family income. Eligible students must enroll in at least six credits per quarter. Grant awards range from $1,153 to $2,690 per year.
- Daycare Grants. Washington residents may be eligible for financial assistance for childcare expenses.
- Pierce College Grants. Washington residents may be eligible for funding for tuition, books, fees, and living expenses.
- Tuition Waiver. Washington residents may be eligible to have their resident tuition paid. Students must still, however, pay for their fees. No refunds will be issued.
School Code 005000
Student Account Inquiries
Award Processing Status
Recorded Voice Information
Priority Funding Dates
Pierce College School Code
Online Self Service Instructions
M-Th: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.