Human Resources - Benefits
Pierce College District Employee Benefits
Benefit packages for Classified, Administrative Exempt, and Full Time Faculty positions include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plans
- Optional SRA Tax Annuities (minimum of $50 contribution per month)
- Optional Deferred Compensation Plan (DCP - minimum of $30 contribution per month)
- Optional Home/Auto Insurance with Liberty Mutual
- Optional Credit Union Participation
- Optional GET (Guaranteed Education Tuition) Program
- Optional Long Term Care Insurance
- Three (3) choices of standard managed-care plans
- One (1) choice of value managed-care plans
- One (1) choice of preferred provider organization
Premiums for health care range from $24 to $288 per month depending on the plan and dependents covered.
- Two (2) choices of managed care dental plans
- One (1) choice of preferred provider dental plan
- $25,000 basic coverage and $5,000 accidental death and dismemberment coverage at no cost to the employee.
- Optional coverage for spouse, children, supplemental, optional and additional accidental death and dismemberment coverage - all at additional cost.
Long Term Disability Insurance
- Basic Coverage: 90 day waiting period, $240/month maximum.
- Optional Coverage: 30-60 day waiting period(s), 60% of gross pay - tax free; retirement plan still continues.
- Public Employees Retirement System (PERS I, II, III) - classified/civil service positions are eligible to participate.
- Teacher's Retirement System (TRS I, II, III) - available for those who have been enrolled and vested in the past.
- TIAA-CREF - full time faculty and administrative/exempt positions are eligible to participate.
Benefits for Part Time Faculty
A part time faculty member becomes eligible for benefits at the beginning of the second consecutive quarter of half-time or more employment at one or more Washington state institutions of higher education. Spring and Fall quarters are considered consecutive quarters for benefits eligibility. Half time is determined based on each institution's definition of full time.
A part-time faculty member must qualify each quarter they teach, to maintain eligibility. Once eligible, part-time faculty will be notified of their benefit and retirement options.