Computer Labs - Home
The Computer Center is now hiring for the 2013-14 school year!
We recruit in Spring Quarter, we hire between Spring and Summer Quarters and we train during Summer Quarter. The Student Lab Assistant job starts Fall Quarter of 2013. More information and online application
We provide exceptional service and state-of-the-art computing resources in order to fulfill the academic needs of the Pierce College community.
Guide to Using Pierce College Computer Labs
This guide will assist you in making the best use of Pierce College Computer Labs. Fort Steilacoom and Puyallup labs are equipped with computers running Windows 7.
All labs have an installed program called Deepfreeze (with the exception of a few specialty labs). This program prevents the computer configurations from being permanently changed. For this reason, do not save to the Desktop or to My Documents - your files will be deleted when the machine is rebooted. Files can be stored on external media, such as a USB Removable Flash Drives (Thumb Drives or Jump Drives), or on the M:\ Drive (This location is accessible by anyone that uses the computer labs and your files can be read and deleted by others). Note that all content on this drive is deleted the last day of the quarter.
These procedures have been developed to facilitate fair use of the facilities for everyone. Sometimes it is difficult to accommodate everyone's needs, but our trained staff will strive to create a "user-friendly" environment for you and will work to make your time here a positive learning experience.
Each student registered for credit classes at Pierce College will now receive $10.00 from Student Technology Fee in their accounts at the start of each quarter. The printing system is designed to help make printing equitable and fair and encourage sustainability of financial & environmental resources.
- Single-sided black and white prints are $.05 each - that's the equivalent of 200 prints
- Double-sided prints (where available) are $.08 cents
- Color prints are $.20 (color duplex printing is not available at this time.)
The username and password follow this pattern:
Username: First Initial + Last Name + Last 4 digits of Student ID# (example: jsmith2222)
Password: PCD! And your birth date in YYYYMMDD format
(example: PCD!19920328 for March 28, 1992)
Rules and Regulations
- No food or drinks in the computer labs.
- Student ID cards are required in order to use the computer labs (to ensure student enrollment).
- Staff and faculty must verify employment upon entry.
- No copying of copyrighted software. (US Code: Title 17)
- No adding unauthorized software or deleting of software on any computer.
- Students are responsible for their personal items while in the computer labs.
- Computers left unattended for more than 15 minutes could be made available to other students.
- Students engaged in school work have priority over students doing personal work. This includes playing games or surfing the net.
- Please be considerate of your fellow students and keep the noise level down.
- Headsets must be worn when listening to music or media within the labs (Note: Headsets are not provided by the lab).
- Please silence cell phones and take your calls outside the labs.
- Please do not bring children into the Lab with you.
- Individuals not enrolled at Pierce College, who wish to use the computer labs, can pay a non-student user fee of $35 to the cashier's office. This fee will entitle you to 10 weeks of use from the date of purchase. (Note: only when school is in session)
- Color laser printing allowed for final edit of school projects only.
- Users are not permitted to use computer labs without proper supervision.
Fort Steilacoom Labs
Olympic 301/302 (Main Lab)
Design Studio C405 (inside the Library, 4th floor)
College Center 272 (Main Lab)
College Center 270
College Center 274
Student Multimedia Center AAH132