TRIO - Services
TRiO provides a number of free services to help its students succeed, both at Pierce and in life. The following list includes some of the things we offer:
- Scholarship assistance - TRiO can help students find scholarships and assist with the applications. Many of our students are 3.5+ GPA honors student who join PTK for scholarships. PTK stands for Phi Theta Kappa, which is a nationally recognized honor society. Additionally, students who are already receiving Pell Grants may qualify for additional assistance from TRiO Grants.
- Transfer assistance - Dedicated advisors help start your personal transfer plan from your first day in the program. We even offer a free 2 credit transfer class, COLLEGE 112, so that you can focus on your dreams and goals. TRiO advisors can assist with applying to four-year colleges. In addition, TRiO students take campus visits of all the local four-year colleges, including Pacific Lutheran University, the University of Washington, and The Evergreen State College.
- Study assistance - TRiO helps students with math, motivation, time, and money management. Students also receive guidance in choosing a major and support from fellow TRiO students.
- Personal assistance - TRiO advisors provide students one-on-one advising and personalized education plans. Also, TRiO provides peer mentoring, early alerts, and additional support to struggling students, organizes cultural and family activities, Fall & Winter all TRiO welcome events, and hosts a celebration at the end of each year.
- Leadership - Students are encouraged to participate in campus leadership opportunities to strengthen their college transfer application, e.g. TRiO Leadership Council (TLC), Student Activities Board, Student Government,Club, Multicultural Leadership Institute (MLI), Emerging Leaders Academy (ELA), and Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society (PTK).
Front Desk: 253-912-3644
TRIO FAX: 253-964-6479
253-912-2399 ext 5118