Workforce - Employers
Pierce College is committed to partnering with businesses in eastern and southern Pierce County. Whether you're looking for employees or interns, or seeking to bring customized training to your site or one of our campuses, we can help.
Save the Date! The Pierce College Employment and Education Fairs are scheduled for May8, 2013 at Fort Steilacoom campus and May 15, 2013 at Puyallup campus.
Visit our Employment and Education Fair page for more information on how your business can participate.
Here are some of the ways Pierce College can help your business:
- Customized training. Pierce College works with local businesses and industries to train workers for specific high-demand jobs. This customized training is available either at your site or at one of our campuses. Seminars, courses, and workshops can help with new employee orientation, equipment training, teambuilding, and more. For more information, contact the workforce office at (253) 964-6265.
- Work Study. Through the work study program, financial aid money can be used to pay all or some of a student-worker's wages.
- Internships. Give a student the experience of working in your business while they earn valuable college credit. Contact Pierce College Job Connections at (253) 912-3641 for more information.
- Job boards. Pierce College's Job Connections office will post available jobs. Send your announcement via email to email@example.com or via fax at (253) 912-3640.
- Program advisory committees. Business and industry leaders are needed to help develop and improve Pierce College's professional/technical programs. For more information, call (253) 964-6645.