PierceWorks! - Goal-Setting and Decision-Making Processes
Goal-Setting and Decision-Making Processes
Diversity training – learn to work effectively in culturally diverse teams:
- Confront issues or problems in a timely, appropriate manner that allows for continued working relationships and completion of assignments and/or projects.
- Listen to others, using the technique of paraphrasing.
- Distinguish when it is appropriate to speak for yourself and when it is appropriate to speak on behalf of others.
- How to include diverse voices in the decision-making process.
- Use language, tone, gestures, and humor that do not offend others.
- Recognize personal behaviors and attitudes that negatively impact others.
- Support, encourage, and facilitate group members through affirmation and validation.
Dependable strengths process:
- Demonstrate how life skills and experiences create skills transferable to the workplace.
Enhance the development of computer skills:
- Microsoft Word, Windows, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Improve your computer knowledge to more accurately document critical information.
- Increase keyboarding speed and accuracy.
- Recognize computer language and components.
- Use Windows to manage files and directories, switch between applications and share information between them.
- Use Word to create documents.
- Use Excel to develop a budget. Learn to enter data, create formulas, and work with the most common commands. Learn to use multiple spreadsheets.
- Create supplemental material for presentations in PowerPoint.