PierceWorks! - Discover and enhance your skills
A better life, a better job - discover and enhance your skills
Enhance your marketable skills by learning to be a better employee and leader:
- Assess your interests, aptitudes, and skills – be confident you’ve made the right career choice.
- Increase self-awareness and develop the skills necessary to successfully plan for and enhance your workplace.
- Acquire the tools and access the resources, support services, and guidance needed to get your career back on track.
- Become empowered to share that knowledge and help others to grow/progress in their career/position by building morale. Learn to motivate and encourage others to excel in their positions.
Learning Critical Job Search and Workplace Skills
- Interpersonal relationships in the workplace.
- Communication skills and styles.
- Building and development of teamwork.
- Conflict resolution.
- Dealing with change and transitions.
- Time management.
- Introduction to networking.
- Team Building.
- Managing time and money.
- Writing resumes and business letters.
- Conducting a successful job search.
- Cross culture communication.
- Behavioral based – understand your personality behavior style as well as that of others, and learn how to interact and relate better with team members.
- Unlock your potential through self-discovery, personal evaluation, and learning styles.
In addition, students receive 50 hours of computer training critical for career success. Computer courses include:
- Intro to Personal Computers: Learn the basics of operating a computer and how to create written documents and spreadsheets.
- Windows: Learn to use Windows to manage files and directories, and to switch between applications.
- Keyboarding: Improve typing speed and accuracy.
- Microsoft Word: Learn the essentials of entering and editing text, formatting letters, reports, memos, professional correspondence and printing.
- Excel: Learn to enter data, create formulas, use commands, and manage multiple spreadsheets.
- Microsoft PowerPoint: learn to build professional presentations with PowerPoint's word processing, outlining, drawing, graphing, and presentation management tools.