eLearning - Help Resources
Resources when you need help
The first point of contact for any issue is the course instructor. Reach out to them using the contact information in the course syllabus or the College ePhone Directory. They are the only ones that can fully clear up confusion regarding assignments or classroom activities.
Instuctors can also:
- adjust Angel classroom settings
- troubleshoot course items that aren’t working as planned
- help identify the email address associated with your account in Angel (so you can use the "I fogot my password" link on the login page)
Daytime eL Tech Help:
- The eL staff can resolve account issues and help make sure your computer and Web browser meets the Angel requirements. We are available during normal college open hours; 8AM to 5PM.
- Typically, we find user issues are caused by use of a Web browser (Internet Explorer, Fire Fox) that is “unsupported” for use with Angel.
- eL TechHelp staff will also analyze your reported issues to verify Angel is working as expected. They can open trouble tickets with Angel Support and find temporary solutions while awaiting ‘fixes’.
- eL TechHelp can work with registration data to correct missing courses and related enrollment problems. Pay attention to Angel Public Announcements and messages sent by eL TechHelp; they will frequently offer a ‘heads up” for planned upgrades, schedule down-times and system issues that could keep you from completing your course work on time.
24 x 7 Help Desk:
- This online help center is shared by the college system. They can also help users verify that their computer and browser are properly setup for Angel. They have direct lines of communication with Angel support staff and engineers. If Angel was working for you and then suddenly has issues, they can determine if the system has a problem and take prompt action to get it fixed.
- The 24 x 7 HelpDesk cannot work at a user account level to reset or retrieve passwords, if you do not know the email address needed for the “I forgot my password” link. (The two resources above can help resolve this issue.)
- It is a good idea to establish your ‘account’ at the portal, which is like signing up for a Facebook or Twitter account, so you can quickly submit “trouble tickets” and monitor what has been done to resolve them.
- If your issues go unresolved too long, you can share ticket details with eL TechHelp.
eLearner Support / Tony Grace:
- Tony’s Virtual Office: ( click on the link to be connected through your computer via Blackboard Collaborate)
- Tony Grace’s focus is helping students understand what it takes to be a successful eLearning student. He works with students to create strategies for their online studies and points them to resources that can help them improve their skills or get academic support, like eTutoring. He is available in his virtual office to chat, or you can setup an appointment to meet with him at either college.
- Drop-in at Fort Steilacoom, Sunrise N119
- The eL office staff can help you define your issues, answer general questions about how eLearning works, speak to class schedule or procedural questions and give advice on the next steps for resolving general issues. They can help you communicate with faculty and connect with other departments of the college. If you are not getting the help you expect elsewhere, try the eLearning office. We are available during college open hours.
- To ensure you receive emails from your instructor, be sure to do the following:
- If you're using a "pop-up blocker" on your computer, reset it to allow pop-ups or disable it during your classroom time, also be sure you have all green checks in the System Check section of the login page.
- Add your instructor and Pierce College eLearning to your email address book to avoid messages being sent to your junk or spam folder.
- Make sure you've entered your correct email address into the online classroom system.
- All students are given an official Pierce College email address. If you'd prefer to use a different address, have your Pierce account forwarded to your preferred address. Instructions are available at the Pierce email website.
- If your login doesn't work, try the following:
- Verify your enrollment in the class by checking your schedule at MyPierce. If you're not enrolled, immediately contact the Registration office to see if there is space available in the class.
- Once you've verified enrollment, double check the login procedures page and try again.
- If you forgot your password, ask your instructor or a fellow student to look at the Course Roster. That Roster shows the email address Angel uses for your account. Use that address when using the "I forgot my password" link.
- If you're still unable to login, contact the 24x7 HelpDesk or "eLTechHelp" using the links and contact information found to the right of the angel logon prompts (in Public Announcements) or in the area at the top of that same screen.You will need to provide your Pierce College student ID number and the name of the online system you're trying to log in to.
- If you still need help, contact the eLearning office.