Opportunity Grant Scholarships
Opportunity Grant Scholarships help low-income students enrolled in approved career training programs pay for tuition and books. Awards are a based on financial need.
Who is Eligible
- Washington residents with a Social Security number.
- Students who are enrolled (or who plan to enroll) in an Opportunity Grant-eligible associate degree or certificate program.
- Low-income students.
- Students who show financial need based on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Students who have a minimum 2.0 grade point average.
- Students who have completed fewer than 90 credits.
Note: Opportunity Grants are not available to students pursuing a college transfer degree or taking classes at the Pierce College military sites. To check for eligibility, visit the Start Next Quarter website.
For Fort Steilacoom, download an Opportunity Grant Scholarship Application
What Qualifies as Low-Income
According to the federal guidelines used by the Opportunity Grant program, the chart below determines if a student meets low-income eligibility requirements.
|Size of Family Annual Income Limit
|For each additional person, add||$8,320|
What Programs Qualify
The following Pierce College professional/technical programs qualify for Opportunity Grants:
- Accounting (Puyallup campus only)
- Business management
- Business information technology (BTECH)
- Certified Nursing Assistant (Puyallup campus only)
- Computer network engineering (Puyallup campus only)
- Construction management
- Criminal justice
- Digital design
- Database management (Puyallup campus only)
- Early childhood education
- Health Informatics and Integrated Technology
- Kinesiology - formerly Diagnostic Health and Fitness Technician (Fort Steilacoom campus only)
- Medical billing
- Nursing (Puyallup campus only)
Pierce College Puyallup: Roxanne Cassidy, 253-840-8329
Pierce College Fort Steilacoom: Carol Hill-McCleary, 253-964-6577