Opportunity Grant Scholarships
Opportunity Grant Scholarships help low-income students enrolled in approved career training programs pay for tuition and books. Awards are a based on financial need.
Who is Eligible
- Washington residents with a Social Security number.
- Students who are enrolled (or who plan to enroll) in an Opportunity Grant-eligible associate degree or certificate program.
- Low-income students.
- Students who show financial need based on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Students who have a minimum 2.0 grade point average.
- Students who have completed fewer than 90 credits.
Note: Opportunity Grants are not available to students pursuing a college transfer degree or taking classes at the Pierce College military sites.
What Qualifies as Low-Income
According to the federal guidelines used by the Opportunity Grant program, the chart below determines if a student meets low-income eligibility requirements.
|Size of Family Annual Income Limit
|For each additional person, add||$8,320|
What Programs Qualify
The following Pierce College professional/technical programs qualify for Opportunity Grants:
- Accounting (Puyallup campus only)
- Business management
- Business information technology (BTECH)
- Certified Nursing Assistant (Puyallup campus only)
- Computer network engineering (Puyallup campus only)
- Construction management
- Criminal justice
- Early childhood education
- Health Informatics and Integrated Technology
- Kinesiology - formerly Diagnostic Health and Fitness Technician (Fort Steilacoom campus only)
- Medical billing
- Nursing (Puyallup campus only)