Preparing for An Advising Appointment
We want to make sure you are coming prepared to meet with your advisor. Here are some tips to get the most out of your advising session:
- Make your advising appointments early. Your advisor’s schedule can fill up quickly, especially during peak registration times.
- Before meeting with your advisor, use eSchedule to look for available classes and to bring a sample schedule to your appointment.
- Bring materials:
- Pen and paper
- List of questions
- List of classes of interest
- Transcripts (if you’ve attended another college)
- Feel free to discuss academic issues with your advisor. It is easier for us to help if we have a full understanding of your concerns.