Online Autodesk® Inventor 2021® Certification
Autodesk® Inventor 2021® is a computer-aided design (CAD) application that is widely used for creating 3D mechanical designs. In this 100% online course, you will master the key skills needed to create solid 3D geometry. Upon successful completion, you will be prepared to sit for the Autodesk® Inventor® Certified User exam. Enrollment includes a voucher to cover exam fees.
Job Outlook for Autodesk® Inventor 2021®
- According to Zippia.com, demand for mechanical designers is expected to grow by 4% between now and 2028. This rate of increase forecasts a need for 12,800 new designers in that time frame.
- PayScale.com estimates that salaries for design engineers with Autodesk® Inventor® skills range between $47-82,000, with an average of $60,398. Early-career Autodesk® Inventor® professionals earn between $46-74,000 during the first three years of their careers.
Autodesk® Inventor 2021® Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What Skills Are Required for Autodesk® Inventor 2021® Jobs?
Mechanical designers commonly use Autodesk® Inventor 2021® for a variety of tasks that invent or initiate products and components, support manufacturing or improvement in current products. Some mechanical design activities include:
- Create new part files
- Add sketches to existing parts files
- Use sketches to create 3D solid geometry
Is Certification Important for an Autodesk® Inventor 2021® Career?
Certification test provider Pearson VUE reports that 89% of certified professionals say earning certification has increased their value to their employers and in the employment marketplace. Autodesk® Inventor 2021® certification provides a reliable source of validation for your skills. It signals to prospective employers, teammates and freelance clients that you have undertaken a challenging course of study to establish and document your skill set.
Can Designers Who Use Autodesk® Inventor 2021® Work Remotely?
Because mechanical designers can work independently and exchange files over the internet, many Autodesk® Inventor 2021® professionals work remotely as employees, independent contractors or consultants. ZipRecruiter.com reports that designers using Autodesk® Inventor® earn between $31-70,000 working remotely.
- Creating and editing solid 3D model geometry using sketched and placed features.
- Placing and constraining/connecting 3D models into larger assemblies.
- Creating Presentation files (Exploded views and Animations) and learning how to simulate motion between parts in an assembly.
- Creating and annotating drawings to communicate the design in a 2D format.
- Taking this course provides the key skills to efficiently and effectively work with the 3D Part, Assembly and 2D Drawing tools that are available in Autodesk® Inventor 2021® software
- At the completion of the course, passing the Autodesk® Inventor® Certified User exam provides potential employers with additional validation of your skills
Prerequisites and Requirements
There are no prerequisites to take this course, however, you should have a basic knowledge of the Windows operating system and be comfortable installing software, working with file structures, downloading files, and unzipping compressed files. You should also have a basic knowledge of design/drafting procedures and terminology.
Jennifer MacMillan has been teaching CAD for 22 years and is an Autodesk® Certified Instructor (ACI). She currently manages a team of curriculum developers that design and develop curriculum for the Autodesk® line of engineering software products. As a subject matter expert herself, MacMillan focuses her development efforts working specifically with manufacturing software products. She holds a mechanical engineering degree from Dalhousie University in Nova Scotia, Canada.
Registration and Enrollment
This course is open enrollment. You can enroll and begin anytime.