Autodesk® Revit Architecture 2021® Training Online
Building Information Modeling (BIM) involves using 3D software to plan, design, construct and manage efficient and sustainable buildings. Autodesk® Revit Architecture 2021® is among the leading BIM tools enabling architecture, engineering, and construction (AEC) professionals to create, construct and manage environmentally and economically responsible buildings. This 100% online course will train you in the fundamentals of BIM using Autodesk® Revit Architecture 2021®. Upon successful completion, you will be prepared to take and pass the Autodesk® Revit® Certified User for Architecture exam.
Job Outlook for Autodesk® Revit Architecture 2021®
- According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), demand for Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Managers is expected to grow by 6% between now and 2029. This is faster than average growth for all jobs. The Bureau notes especially strong prospects for those who create digital marketing campaigns and attract customers through social media and web advertising.
- PayScale.com reports that salaries for advertising jobs range between $34,000 and $173,000 per year, depending on location, experience and specialty. The average for all advertising jobs is $65,474 per year.
Autodesk® Revit Architecture 2021® Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What Skills Does Autodesk® Revit Architecture 2021® Require?
BIM is an emerging profession that integrates 3D modeling with knowledge and skills from the construction domain. Some key skills and activities for the Autodesk® Revit Architecture 2021® professional include:
- Ability to construct 3D building models
- Creating, designing, reviewing, revising and implementing building information models.
- Understand carpentry, steel, and plumbing and electrical trades
- Inspecting projects to compare real-time progress to the building model plan and revise as needed
Is Certification Valuable for Autodesk® Revit Architecture 2021® Jobs?
According to test provider Pearson VUE, 89% of certified professionals say that earning certifications enhances their value to their employers and in the overall job market. Autodesk® Revit Architecture 2021® prepares you to work in an innovative field that features premier employers from the architecture, design and construction industries. Certification signals to these employers that you have undertaken a serious course of study to develop, hone and validate your BIM skill set.
Is Autodesk® Revit Architecture 2021® a Good Choice for a Remote Career?
Because BIM projects can be designed, revised and deployed from anywhere and shared via the Internet, many Autodesk® Revit Architecture 2021® professionals work remotely as employees, independent contractors or consultants.
- Taking this course provides the key skills to efficiently and effectively work with the basic and architectural tools available in Autodesk® Revit® software
- Understand the purpose of Building Information Management (BIM) and how it is applied in the Autodesk® Revit® software
- To create a 3D building model with walls, curtain walls, windows, doors, floors, stairs, ceilings, and roofs
- To add furniture and equipment elements to a 3D building model
- To create your building documentation by setting up sheets for plotting with text, dimensions, details, tags, and schedules
- At the completion of the course, passing the Autodesk® Revit Architecture® Certified User exam provides potential employers with additional validation of skills
Prerequisites and Requirements
There are no prerequisites to take this course, however, you should have a basic knowledge of the Windows operating system and be comfortable installing software, working with file structures, downloading files, and unzipping compressed files. You should also have a basic knowledge of design/drafting procedures and terminology.
Key course topics include:
- Introduction to BIM and Autodesk® Revit®
- Basic Sketching and Modify Tools
- Introduction to Worksets
- Starting Architectural Projects
- Modeling Walls
- Working with Doors and Windows
- Working with Curtain Walls
- Working with Views
- Adding Components
- Modeling Floors
- Modeling Ceilings
- Modeling Roofs
- Modeling Stairs, Railings, and Ramps
- Creating Construction Documents
- Annotating Construction Documents
- Adding Tags and Schedules
- Creating Details
- Appendix: Additional Tools
Cherisse Biddulph is an Autodesk® Certified Professional for Revit® as well as an Autodesk® Certified Instructor. She brings over 15 years of industry, teaching, and technical support experience to her role as a Learning Content Developer with ASCENT. With a passion for design and architecture, she received her Associate of Applied Science in Drafting and Design and has worked in the industry assisting firms with their CAD Management and software implementation needs as they modernize to a Building Information Modeling (BIM) design environment. Although her main passion is the Revit® design product, she is also proficient in AutoCAD, Autodesk® BIM 360, and also Autodesk® Navisworks.
Registration and Enrollment
This course is open enrollment. You can enroll and begin anytime.