Become an Adobe Certified Associate
When it comes to the business of creativity, the Adobe Creative Cloud helps millions of professionals turn ideas into useful assets. This 100% online course will train you to use Adobe’s most widely-used programs: Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Animate. By course completion, you will be fully prepared to pass each of the corresponding Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) exams./ce-online-adobe-certified-associate
Job Outlook for Adobe Certified Associates
- The US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) estimates that job demand for digital media specialists, the Adobe suite’s primary user base, will grow 4% through 2028.
- The median salary for digital media specialists was just over $72,000, according to the BLS. However, professionals who work in web design (Dreamweaver), were amongst the highest earners.
Adobe Certified Associate Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Adobe Certification?
Adobe certification is the professional designation that comes with passing the “Adobe Certified Associate” or “Adobe Certified Expert,” depending on the level of the exam. You can display this badge on your website, portfolio or professional profile, which signals to clients and employers that you are highly skilled in the most commonly used creative tools.
Why Get Adobe Certified?
Adobe certification can help you land a job or pick up new clients. In today’s crowded job market, there are millions of creative professionals like editors, graphic designers and web designers vying for the same positions; Adobe certification helps you stay ahead of the pack.
What Programs Are Best for Adobe Certification?
Most creative professionals use a collection of software that was once known as the Adobe Creative Suite: Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Animate. These programs now live on the Adobe Creative Cloud (CC), but are still the best bet for getting Adobe certified.
- Be prepared to take and pass the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) exams for Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Animate
- Learn about typography and formatting text
- Create and optimize images
- Configure and create web technologies
- Get comfortable with the CC user interface in all five programs
- Work with drawing tools
- Prepare files for output
- Learn about styles and templates
- Learn skills to work with team projects
Prerequisites and Requirements
There are no specific prerequisites for taking this course.
An overview of web development; getting started with Dreamweaver, creating HTML pages and styling content.
Exploring the Photoshop workspace; image size and resolution, color correction and advanced layer techniques.
Working with drawing tools, graphic symbols and the library; basic and advanced animation, publishing Animate documents.
Getting to know the Illustrator environment and organizing a project; creating advanced illustrations and advanced management of shapes.
Working with graphics and text; design principles and designing for web.
Tracy Berry has been a senior graphic designer/programmer, instructor, and consultant since 1993 and has developed hundreds of logos, marketing materials, websites, and multimedia solutions for customers worldwide. She was also involved in several large corporate software rollouts. She has helped many organizations optimize and streamline data solutions. She teaches both onsite and online courses and has her CTT (Certified Technical Trainer) certification. Tracy specializes in teaching graphics, desktop publishing, web design, and reporting/productivity applications.
Registration and Enrollment
This course is 100% online. Start anytime.