To maintain your valid application status and/or offer of acceptance or conditional acceptance, please ensure you follow all directions and submit all applicable documentation as listed on the Application Checklist and noted below.
Maintaining a valid application and/or offer of acceptance or conditional acceptance is also the Sole Responsibility of the Applicant. This includes following directions, processes, meeting deadlines, course requirements, submissions, etc.
Postmarks not allowed. Due dates and times means the documents must be at Pierce College Fort Steilacoom Admissions as indicated on the Application Checklist.
Currently enrolled Pierce students may find the Transcript Request Form here.
Send initial BASDH Application Packet and all subsequent documents to:
Pierce College Fort Steilacoom
Attn: Admissions, Dental Hygiene Application
9401 Farwest Drive SW
Lakewood, WA 98498-1999
If an application submission is validated, students will be invited to complete THREE admissions tests.
All of the tests are required, even if you have completed them before.
Before Testing Day: Saturday, March 17, 2018
Schedule and Take Health Science Reasoning Test (HSRT)
Validated applicants must contact the Pierce College Testing Center via phone at 253-964-6521 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to complete this test at Pierce College Fort Steilacoom.
- There is no fee to the student for the HSRT test if taken at any one of the Pierce College testing sites. (Applicants who are unable to take the test at Pierce College must contact the Testing Center to coordinate a proctored test in an appropriate facility. There may be a fee for a proctored test.)
- The HSRT must be completed no later than Saturday, March 17, 2018.
- There is no additional testing fee associated with this test.
**Note: The Foundation for Critical Thinking has an interactive learning tool to define and enhance your critical thinking.
Testing Day: Saturday, March 17, 2018
The Space Relations and the Writing Sample admission tests will be administered on site at Pierce College Fort Steilacoom in Lakewood, Washington, Saturday, March 17, 2018.
This is the only available testing date and location for consideration for admission in summer 2018. Alternative test dates are not allowed, except as required by law. Applicants are asked to reserve four hours for the tests.
There is no additional testing fee associated with these tests.
Reasons for Invalidation
The following items INVALIDATE an application (This list is not exhaustive):
- Failure to submit a completed application by noon on January 26, 2018. Late applications are invalidated.
- Failure to follow and meet all academic and process criteria as outlined in the dental hygiene application process.
- Failure to complete the criminal background check by the application deadline.
- Failure to correctly submit and meet subsequent due dates for documentation past the application due date.
- Failure to attain a minimum 2.5 GPA in any single dental hygiene prerequisite course and a cumulative 3.3 GPA in all dental hygiene prerequisite courses.
- Failure to pay the application fees.
- Plagiarism or false representation in any way.
- Previous Pierce College Dental Hygiene students, who earned an academic or code of conduct dismissal, may be invalidated or their application points may be reduced up to 10% point value at final ranking.
Notification of Acceptance
All applicants will be notified of their offer of acceptance (conditional or completed), alternate status, or non-acceptance into the Pierce College Dental Hygiene Program by Pierce College student email sent on the second or third Friday in April. See exact date listed on the Program Acceptance page.