The Emerging Leaders Academy (ELA) is a free leadership training program for Pierce College students at the Fort Steilacoom campus. The ELA program explores leadership through service learning and the principles of servant leadership.
Winter 2020 ELA Workshop Schedule
The Emerging Leaders Academy (ELA) focuses on different aspects of leadership. During the fall quarter, the program will be focusing on self-leadership, or how we can better lead ourselves. The one person you always lead is you. In fall we will look at how we lead ourselves in various aspects of our lives from technology, budget, to relationships.
- Jan. 10, 12–1 p.m. (MLI and ELA 101) in the Fireside Lounge
- Jan. 17, 12–1 p.m. in OLY 205
- Feb. 7, 12–1 p.m. in OLY 205
- Feb. 21, 12–1 p.m. in OLY 205
- March 6, 12–1 p.m. in OLY 205
Benefits of Participating in ELA
- Develop leadership skills and abilities
- Network with Pierce College faculty, staff, administrators and students
- Earn the Emerging Leaders certificate of hours completed in leadership training
- Plan your own workshop and service project schedule based on workshops offered
- Put servant leadership training into practice with community service and service-learning opportunities
- Prepare for leadership and service opportunities in the future
The Emerging Leader's Academy is for any student interested in
- Leadership development
- Community service
- Meeting new people
- Getting more involved in the college community
- Developing a resume
- Helping others
- Leading a student club or organization
- Student government
- Activities board
- Student ambassadors
- Working for a campus newspaper
Interested in Joining Us?
We are partners with the Multicultural Leadership Institute.
Director of Student Programs