PEBB Program’s Annual Open Enrollment
Open enrollment (OE) begins November 1, 2018. All 2019 forms will be available November 1, 2018:
- What’s Changing?
- Benefits Newsletter: The October edition of the PEBB Program's For Your Benefit newsletter is your source for updates about your health benefits and open enrollment information. The newsletter includes information about the changes to benefits, what changes you can make during the PEBB Program's annual open enrollment and how to make them, monthly premiums, and more.
- Benefits Fairs: During open enrollment you can learn more about your health plan and other insurance options by attending one of the PEBB Program’s benefits fairs. At a fair, you can pick up information and speak with representatives from the health plans, the PEBB Program, Department of Retirement Systems, and other vendors that administer PEBB benefits. Some of the fairs include a presentation about the UMP Plus plan and the Medical Flexible Spending Arrangement (FSA) and Dependent Care Assistance Program (DCAP).
- Compare Plans
- Benefits and Coverage by Plan: (Also referred to as a Certificate of Coverage, or benefits booklets, and are produced by the health plans to provide detailed information about plan benefits and what is and is not covered)
- 2019 Premiums: Employee Monthly Premiums, Medical Plan Premiums, Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance Premiums, and Long Term Disability Insurance.
- Webinars: Navia Benefit Solutions (the Medical Flexible Spending Arrangement and Dependent Care Assistance Program vendor) and the two UMP Plus networks (UMP Plus—Puget Sound High Value Network and UMP Plus—UW Medicine Accountable Care Network) will host webinars to present information and answer questions about their services and benefits.
- Premium Surcharges
- Note: Not making plan changes for 2019? If you cover a spouse or state-registered domestic partner in 2019, you may need to reattest to the spouse or state-registered domestic partner coverage premium surcharge. The PEBB Program mails notification letters in late October to those who have to reattest.
***Did you know, PEBB provides an email subscription service to keep you informed? Sign up for the PEBB program's email subscriptions service, Save the Green. This service replaces many of the PEBB program’s general mailings like newsletters and account reminders. It means less paper, and you get information more quickly right to your inbox.
Pierce College’s Benefits Office will host Open Enrollment seminars in November to assist employees with answering questions, making changes and completing required forms. Dates, times and locations will be posted here when available:
- Fort Steilacoom sessions will be held in SNR 121 on the following dates and times:
- November 7, 10 a.m to 12 p.m and 1–3 p.m.
- November 20, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1–3 p.m.
- November 26, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1–3 p.m.
- Puyallup sessions:
- November 5, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1–3 p.m., CTR 270
- November 13, 2–5 p.m., CTR 276
- November 28, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1-3 p.m., CTR 270
- We will host a session at JBLM at the Stone Education Center on Lewis Main in Room C119 on the following date:
- November 14, 8–11 a.m.