Health Insurance Benefits Summary
Pierce College Health Insurance operates under the Health Care Authority’s Public Employees Benefit Board (PEBB) Program. The Washington State Health Care Authority purchases health care for more than 2 million Washington residents. HCA works with partners to help ensure Washingtonians have access to better health and better care at a lower cost.
Benefit packages for classified, administrative exempt, and full-time faculty positions include:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Optional home/auto insurance with Liberty Mutual
- Three (3) choices of standard managed-care plans
- One (1) choice of value managed-care plans
- One (1) choice of preferred provider organization
Premiums for health care range from $24 to $288 per month depending on the plan and dependents covered.
- Two (2) choices of managed care dental plans
- One (1) choice of preferred provider dental plan
- $35,000 basic coverage and $5,000 accidental death and dismemberment coverage at no cost to the employee.
- Optional coverage for spouse, children, supplemental, optional and additional accidental death and dismemberment coverage, all at additional cost.
Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Basic Coverage: 90 day waiting period, $240/month maximum.
- Optional Coverage: 30-60 day waiting period(s), 60% of gross pay - tax free; retirement plan still continues.
Benefits for Part-Time Faculty
A part time faculty member becomes eligible for benefits at the beginning of the second consecutive quarter of half-time or more employment at one or more Washington state institutions of higher education. Spring and Fall quarters are considered consecutive quarters for benefits eligibility. Half time is determined based on each institution's definition of full time.
A part-time faculty member must qualify each quarter they teach, to maintain eligibility. Once eligible, part-time faculty will be notified of their benefit and retirement options.
For more details about health insurance, see the Health Insurance page.