A graduate of any approved occupational/vocational program from a regionally accredited college, military service school, vocational/technical institute, technical college, licensed private college, vocational school, industry, apprentice-based training, or university may be granted up to 70 quarter credits in transfer toward the Associate in Technology - General degree.
- A minimum of 5 quarter credits is required from each of the following areas:
- Human Relations
- Related Instruction
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0.
- Successful completion of at least 90 quarter hours to meet credit requirements toward degree completion.
- A minimum of 20 college-level quarter hours or 25% of their degree with Pierce College, whichever is less.
Communications Area (choose one)
- ENGL& 101 English Comp I - Exposition
- ENGL& 102 Composition II - Argumentation & Research
- ENGL 107 English Comp III - Writing about Lit
- ENGL& 235 Technical Writing
- BUS 250 Business Communications
Computation Area (choose one)
- MATH& 107 Math in Society
- MATH 114 Applied Algebra, Geometry, & Trigonometry
- MATH& 141 Precalculus I
- MATH& 142 Precalculus II
- MATH& 146 Introduction to Statistics
- MATH 147 Finite Math
Human Relations Area (choose one)
- BUS 240 Human Relations in the Workplace
- PSYC& 100 General Psychology
- PSYC 201 Psychology of Adjustment
- PSYC 210 Social Psychology
- SOC& 101 Introduction to Sociology
- SOC 211 Family and Intimate Relationships
Related Instruction (choose one)
Choose one course from the General Transferable Elective list from the Associate of Arts (AA-DTA).
Free Electives (70 credits)
Any course numbered 100 or above; credit from military transcript; credit from approved occupational/vocational program; credit from apprenticeship program; credit from CLEP/DSST; or Washington 45 courses.
Washington 45 Options
- Communications (5 credits): ENGL& 101 or ENGL& 102
- Quantitative & Symbolic Reasoning (5 credits): MATH& 107, MATH& 148 or MATH& 151
- Humanities (10 credits): PHIL& 101, MUSC& 105, DRMA& 101, ENGL& 111 or HUM& 101
- Social Science (10 credits): PSYC& 100, SOC& 101, POLS& 101, POLS& 202
- Natural Science (10 credits): BIOL& 100, BIOL& 160, ASTR& 100, ASTR& 101, CHEM& 105, CHEM& 110, CHEM& 121, CHEM& 161, CHEM& 162, ENVS& 100, ENVS& 101, PHYS& 121 or GEOL& 101
See the Pierce College Catalog for more information.
Students Seeking Military Promotion
If you have completed 10 quarter hours with Pierce College, and have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher, you are eligible for a transcript update. An evaluation of your official military transcript will be conducted toward the AT-G degree. From your military transcript, we may apply up to 70 quarter credits to your Pierce College transcript.
Please submit your Update Request form at our Stone Education Center office or at our McChord Education Center office. You may also submit your form at email@example.com.