Pierce College offers a variety of activities to meet students' needs and interests in the areas of fitness, aquatics, and lifetime and team sports.
About the Program
Physical Education Major
The following sequence of courses will assist in meeting requirements of most four-year institutions, but students must check with transfer institutions regarding specific requirements and transferable credits.
The following courses are recommended for students wishing to major in physical education:
- BIOL& 241-242: Human anatomy and physiology I-II
- ENGL& 101: English composition I
- BIOL& 160: General biology w/lab
- CHEM& 100: Preparatory chemistry
- NUTR& 101: Nutrition
- PE 104-199: Physical education activity
- PE 228: First Aid and CPR for healthcare professionals
- PSYC& 100: General psychology
- SOC& 101: Intro to sociology
- CMST& 101: Introduction to communication or CMST& 220: Public speaking