A better life, a better job — discover and enhance your skills
Enhance your marketable skills by learning to be a better employee and leader:
- Assess your interests, aptitudes, and skills – be confident you’ve made the right career choice.
- Increase self-awareness and develop the skills necessary to successfully plan for and enhance your workplace.
- Acquire the tools and access the resources, support services and guidance needed to get your career back on track.
- Become empowered to share that knowledge and help others to grow/progress in their career/position by building morale. Learn to motivate and encourage others to excel in their positions.
Learning Critical Job Search and Workplace Skills
- Interpersonal relationships in the workplace
- Communication skills and styles
- Building and development of teamwork
- Conflict resolution
- Dealing with change and transitions
- Time management
- Introduction to networking
- Team building
- Managing time and money
- Writing resumes and business letters
- Conducting a successful job search
- Cross culture communication
Understand your personality behavior style as well as that of others, and learn how to interact and relate better with team members.
Students receive computer training critical for career success. Computer courses include:
- Intro to Personal Computers: Learn the basics of operating a computer and how to create written documents and spreadsheets.
- Windows: Learn to use Windows to manage files and directories, and to switch between applications.
- Keyboarding: Improve typing speed and accuracy.
- Microsoft Word: Learn the essentials of entering and editing text, formatting letters, reports, memos, professional correspondence and printing.
- Excel: Learn to enter data, create formulas, use commands and manage multiple spreadsheets.
- Microsoft PowerPoint: Learn to build professional presentations with PowerPoint's word processing, outlining, drawing, graphing and presentation management tools.