The Restorative Course has been filled.
This website will be updated by August 1, 2017 with the information needed for 2018 course offerings.
We anticipate offering the Local Anesthesia and Nitrous Oxide courses in March 2018 and the Restorative Course in August/September 2018.
Please check back after August 1 for specifics.
Thank you for your interest in our Continuing Education Courses.
Eligibility and Registration
Are you eligible to register for one of the PNWDHI courses?
PNWDHI courses are currently offered to licensed dental hygienists or dental hygiene students expecting to graduate from an accredited (USA or Canadian) dental hygiene school by June in the same year of the courses.
Our courses are not offered to expanded functions dental auxiliaries or dental assistants.
All PNWDHI Students Requirements
Health History/Medical History
- Evidence of Hepatitis B (HBV) vaccination or titer of HBV status of Hepatitis B surface antigen.
- Proof of vaccination against MMR, polio, and Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis.
- Tuberculosis Skin Test (PPD) within the past six (6) months, or if the Tuberculosis (TB) Skin Test is positive, a physician letter indicating the student’s TB status.
- Current CPR Health Provider certification.
The courses offered in the PNWDHI are a combination of online pre-study, lecture, lab and clinical applications. To succeed in these courses, you must have adequate pre-knowledge in basic computer skills (email, file management and downloads) and the following dental hygiene subject areas:
- Head and neck anatomy
- Dental anatomy and dental materials
- Dental hygiene skills
Current USA or Canadian Licensed Dental Hygienist Eligibility Requirements
- Graduate from an accredited dental hygiene program in the United States or Canada
- Currently hold a license (in good standing) in the United States or Canada.
Current Dental Hygiene Student Eligibility Documentation Requirement
- Recent Dental Hygiene graduates (USA and Canadian) must be able to provide documentation of their dental hygiene or dental degree from an accredited (Commission on Dental Accreditation in the USA or equivalent international credentials) dental hygiene or dental program. If you will not have this documentation by June 30, 2017, then please contact us at: 253-964-6248.
- If you are currently an international student enrolled in a U.S. or Canadian accredited dental hygiene program, we will accept you as a student in the PNWDHI based on your currently approved international student status at the other institution.
Required pre-study course assignments and materials for all courses are distributed via the online Learning Management System.
Each Pacific Northwest Dental Hygiene Institute course is a “compacted” version of the regular dental hygiene program curriculum. It is fast paced and intensive; you must come prepared having completed all assigned reading and homework.
To successfully complete the course and receive certificates you must demonstrate clinical and didactic competence.
Register, Pay, and Submit Application Form and Documentation
Please register, pay, complete application form, and submit all documentation to secure your spot in the course(s).
Registration and Payment of the Course(s) is the only way to save a place in the course.
Online Registration Opens for Restorative – Change in Date
Monday, May 1, 2017 at 8 a.m. Pacific Standard Time for our Restorative Course
Please see our Refund Policy.
|Course||Final Registration/Pay Date (or until course filled to capacity)||Documentation Deadline Date|
|Nitrous Oxide||February 19, 2017 @ 11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time||March 4, 2017 @ 5:00 PM Pacific Standard Time|
|Local Anesthesia||February 19, 2017 @ 11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time||March 4, 2017 @ 5:00 PM Pacific Standard Time|
|Restorative||July 21, 2017 @ 11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time||July 30, 2017 @ 5:00 PM Pacific Standard Time|
1: Complete the ONLINE Student Registration and PAY the tuition for all courses you wish to attend.
- You do NOT need to pay for “Credits” through CCE.
- You do NOT need to apply to Pierce College Admissions. Our PNWDHI does not require a Pierce College Admissions Application.
- Tuition is NON-REFUNDABLE withdrawing after February 19, 2017 for Nitrous & LA; July 21, 2017 for Restorative.
- Withdrawing prior to the respective published Course Final Registration/Pay Deadlines for 2017, tuition is refundable less a $25.00 administrative fee per course (Maximum of $75.00).
- Failure to SUBMIT all supporting documentation by the posted respective Course Documentation Deadlines for 2017, will also result in forfeiting the full Tuition AND your reserved space in the course(s).
- In the event that the college cancels the course(s), tuition is fully refundable without any administrative fees except the $7.00 per course processing fee.
Complete, Collect, & Send the below required corresponding documents no later than published the respective Course(s) Documentation Deadlines for 2017 to the below address:
Pierce College Dental Hygiene
Attn.: PNWDHI, M. Hospenthal
9401 Farwest Dr. S.W. Lakewood, WA 98498
2: Complete PNWDHI Intake Eligibility Form online, print it, and send it to the below address no later than published Course Final Registration/Pay Deadlines for 2017.
3: Proof of Dental Hygiene License or Dental Hygiene Graduation in June 2017 or sooner:
- If you are already a licensed dental hygienist in USA or Canada, submit a NOTARIZED copy of your license.
- If you will graduate this year and/or do not yet have your dental hygiene license in the USA or Canada, choose ONE of the below three options:
Option One: Submit a NOTARIZED copy of your diploma in dental hygiene,
Option Two: Submit an OFFICIAL transcript from the college with the degree posted,
Option Three: Obtain an official letter from the director/dean of your dental hygiene program indicating your successful graduation.
- Canadian/International Dental Hygienists will need to submit ONE of the two below options to determine eligibility.
Option One: Obtain an OFFICIAL transcript from the college with the degree posted,
Option Two: Obtain an official letter from the director of your dental hygiene program indicating your successful graduation.
- If you are currently an International Dental Hygiene student at an accredited USA or Canadian institution, we will accept you in PNWDHI. Please have the Director or Dean submit a letter indicating your current acceptance as an International Student at their institution.
4: Proof of Current Immunity/Vaccination Status and TB test results.
- Copy of immunization record of receiving Hepatitis B vaccine or Copy of titer report confirming Hepatitis B immunity.
- Copy of proof of vaccination against MMR, polio, and Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis.
- Copy of TB test result (PPD only) within the last six months (6).
(Some people test positive, but do not have active TB. If you test positive, be sure to obtain a letter from your physician stating that you do not have active TB.)
5: Current proof of CPR Healthcare Provider Certification.
- A copy of your current CPR Healthcare Provider card. This does not need to be notarized, but be sure you have it with you during the course(s).
6: Non-US Citizens.
- If you are not a USA citizen, please contact Matthew Linden, International Education Admissions and Registration Specialist at (253) 964-6656 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to be assigned an International Student ID. Include this number on the Application Form for our reference.
7: Proof of Local Anesthesia certification and/or passing of recent Local Anesthesia Board Examination – if applicable.