Presidential Search for Pierce College Fort Steilacoom
The President Position
The Pierce College District seeks a dynamic community college executive ready to lead a college within a district environment. The Pierce College Fort Steilacoom President reports to the District Chancellor/CEO. The successful candidate must demonstrate the talent, energy and wisdom to lead Pierce College Fort Steilacoom; to work collaboratively with executive leadership throughout the district to achieve institutional outcomes; and to advocate for resources in a community where relationships with key stakeholders are strong.
Pierce College is a high-performing, mission-driven, data-informed, student-focused district committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. For 50 years, Pierce College has developed a national reputation for academic excellence and support services to ensure student success. The district is proud of the many awards and recognitions it has received. Pierce College Fort Steilacoom was named as one of 10 finalists for the 2019 Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, the nation’s signature recognition of high achievement and performance in America’s community colleges. Pierce College is an Achieving the Dream Leader College and was the 2017 recipient of their prestigious Leah Meyer Austin Award, given for showing measurable improvements in student outcomes. Pierce is also one of 30 original AACC Guided Pathways colleges and one of first five College Spark Washington pathways colleges. We have bold goals to get all students on a career pathway to increase completion rates for all students and to close achievement gaps by 2020.
The district includes two comprehensive community colleges and a far-reaching extended learning program. Pierce College Fort Steilacoom is located in Lakewood, Washington, in the west end of the service district. Pierce College Puyallup is located in Puyallup, Washington, and serves eastern Pierce County. Pierce College Extended Learning has a vast array of sites and services, including major education centers at Joint Base Lewis McChord, a state mental hospital, and additional continuing education and training program sites.
The Pierce College District offers programs that include:
- Associate degrees and transfer courses parallel to the first two years of university and four-year college work
- Professional/technical degree and certificate programs for training or retraining in a variety of career fields
- Bachelor of Applied Science degrees
- Developmental, basic skills, high school completion, GED, and English-as-a Second Language courses
- Personal and professional development through continuing education courses
- Traditional and nontraditional learning opportunities including a growing on-line, eLearning program.
- Earned doctorate strongly preferred
- Master’s degree required
- Minimum of 3 years experience in senior level community college leadership required
Finalists have been selected and we are no longer accepting applications.
Inquiries about the position or the process should be directed to:
Ms. Deena Forsythe, Director of Human Resources
253-964-6586 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer