English / Writing
- Purdue Online Writing Lab. Topics include general writing concerns; English as a second language; grammar, punctuation, and spelling; research and documenting sources; professional writing; and writing across the curriculum.
- Interactive Quizzes — Guide to Grammar and Writing
- American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language. Over 90,000 entries feature 10,000 new words and senses, 70,000 audio word pronunciations, 900 full-page color illustrations, language notes and word-root appendices.
- Thesaurus.com. Roget's Interactive Thesaurus. Each entry includes a brief definition, synonyms, antonyms (where appropriate), and concept, the general idea underlying the terms in the entry.
- Kahn Academy. Free online courses.
- Onlineconversion.com. Convert from one measurement to another (liquid or distance). Simply enter the quantity you have and select the original unit type and the type converting to.
- Patrick Just Math Tutorials. Video tutorials covering several different topics from Trigonometry, limits, derivatives, integrals (antiderivatives), sequences and series, and linear algebra. Pause the movie and watch it at your own speed until you feel confident in the material.
- EasyCalculation.com. Easily calculate several different types of statistical data including mean, median, mode; probability, binomial distribution, t-test, and correlation co-efficient.
- Virtual Classroom Biology. Learn the key differences between mitosis & meiosis including visual representations.
- Webelements.com. Interactive Periodic Table showing the each element and its atomic mass. Select an element to hear how it is pronounced as well as basic information about the element as well as it’s classifications. You can also select common compounds using that specific element.
- Dr. Yue-Ling Wong's Science Education Tutorials and Practice Exercises. Interactive game walking you through the process of balancing chemical equations. Instantly know the correct answers.
- Accountingcoach.com. Free quizzes, download-ready study guides, question and answer area, and accounting dictionary.
- the balance.com. Calculate the amount of a monthly payment when you know the loan amount, interest rate, length of the loan, and the start date of the loan.
- College Board Create Your Road Map. Tips for college success.
- The Writing Center at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. How to write a business letter.
- Monster.com Resume Tips
- Monster.com 10 Worst Resume Mistakes to Avoid
Here is a list of helpful tutoring resources for faculty, staff, and students.