Virtual Transfer College Fair
Possible Questions for Representatives
- What makes a competitive applicant look like?
- What is the deadline to apply to your school?
- How is your GPA (Grade Point Average) used in the admissions process?
- Do you require standardized test scores (such as SAT and ACTs?)
- Do you have a foreign language requirement for your institution? Is there a foreign language requirement to receive my bachelor’s degree?
- Are letters of recommendation required for admission?
- Is a personal statement required for your application?
- Is an interview required for admission?
- I plan on completing my degree at Pierce College. How does my degree transfer to your institution?
- I went to multiple schools before Pierce College. How do I transfer those credits?
- I have credits from a long time ago. Can I still transfer those credits to your institution?
- Is there a separate application for my intended major? If so, what is the deadline to submit my major application?
- Do you offer my intended major at your institution? If not, do you have alternatives?
- When should I complete my course prerequisites to be eligible to apply to my program?
- Can I change my intended major after admission into your college/university?
- Does your campus offer alternate majors if we don’t get into our first choice? Can you admit students into the alternate program?
Financial Aid and Scholarships
- What is the annual tuition? What is the average cost of books per term?
- When should I apply for financial aid and/or scholarships?
- What scholarship opportunities do you have for transfer students?
- What sort of housing is available for transfer students? How much does housing cost?
Classroom and Resources
- What is a typical class size?
- How available are my instructors outside of classroom time?
- What clubs and organizations exist on your campus?
- What makes your campus diverse?
- What types of student resources/supports do you offer your students?
- Who can I contact if I have further questions about transferring to your institution?
- Can I arrange a campus visit/tour?
- Do you have informational sessions that I can attend before I apply?
- Can I sit in on a class during my visit?