Access and Disability Services (ADS) recognizes disability as an aspect of diversity that is integral to society and to our campus community. We are here to support you!

We are excited to get to know you and support you during your student journey. Are you considering attending Pierce College? We would love to talk to you about how ADS can support you. Have you recently applied to Pierce College? Contact ADS so we can talk about accommodations. Are you a current Pierce student and have questions about accommodations? Contact ADS to start the process or ask questions.

If you have questions about whether ADS service might be right for you, please contact us at (253) 964-6848, email us at or stop by one of our offices. We are in the Welcome Center in the Cascade Building at the Fort Steilacoom Campus and the Student Success Center in the Gaspard Building at the Puyallup Campus.

Requesting Accommodations

Interested in requesting accommodations? Follow the steps below or contact the ADS Office.

Planning is important. We want your accommodations to be ready for you when you want them. Accommodations start once approved and can sometimes take a bit to set up. If you are unsure of when you may need accommodations, please contact the ADS Office.

Step 1: Apply online through MyADS

Complete the myADS New Student Application and submit Accommodation Requests.

Requesting accommodations is easy and can be done from anywhere. Just complete our New Student Application online in our myADS system. This brief online form lets you describe the impacts and history of your disability and/or health condition, and request accommodations. If you would like assistance in completing the online form, stop by one of our offices, call us, or send an email.

Apply for ADS Services

Step 2: Submit your documentation

Submit documentation supporting accommodation need/request.

Although not the only factor in determining accommodations, documentation can help us better understand what your disability is and how it works. Information about your disability can come from many places including your medical and/or mental health provider, a community support agency, your high school, or the military/VA just to name a few. One easy way to document ADHD, health, psychological or sensory disabilities is to have your providers complete our ADS Healthcare Provider Form. If you provider has questions about what information to include in your documentation, we have guidelines you can share with your provider that outlines the information helpful to establish that a student has a disability and/or temporary health condition (see below). If you are unsure about the documentation you have or you do not have documentation easily available, contact the ADS Office. We can review what you have with you and provide you with resources to get additional documentation if necessary. You should still complete the application process even if you do not have documentation.

General Documentation Guidelines

Step 3: Schedule your Access Planning Meeting

Upon completing steps 1 and 2, we will send you an email letting you know it is time to schedule an Access Planning Meeting (APM). Once you get it just give us a call and we can schedule you a time to discuss accommodations that works for you.

Step 4: Prepare for your APM

Learn how to prepare for your Access Planning Meeting (APM)

Additional Information on Getting Started With ADS

Privacy Information

All information and documentation submitted to the ADS office is kept separate from your academic record and is considered private under the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). HIPAA privacy and confidentiality guides do not apply to documents submitted to ADS because they are not being used for treatment. Under FERPA guidelines ADS cannot guarantee complete confidentiality as there may be times when sharing some information with other Pierce College staff/faculty is necessary in the facilitation of the accommodation process however this information is provided on a strictly need to know basis.

Release of Information

If you would like ADS to be able to discuss your disability accommodations with a family member, healthcare provider, or other non-Pierce College staff, you will need to submit an "Information Release Consent" in myADS.