Graduate hat that says "Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon"

Associate Degrees

Below you can find the associate and university transfer degrees offered at Pierce College. You can find more in-depth information in the catalog.

The Associate of Arts (AA-DTA) is for liberal arts transfer students. It is also sometimes known as the DTA Associate degree. These degrees can be tailored to your university of choice.

The Associate of Science (AS-T) is for science transfer students and is offered on two tracks, depending on the field of study.

  • Track One is for science students who wish to focus on biological and environmental/resource sciences, geology and earth science, or chemistry.
  • Track Two is for students who wish to focus on engineering, computer science, physics, or atmospheric science.

Career Roadmaps

Learn more about roadmaps to your desired career by visiting our Career Roadmaps page, where you can view flow charts, roadmaps, and employment outlooks for a variety of degrees and careers.

Career Pathway Course Map

The Career Pathway Course Map for each associate degree outlines the courses you will need to take to earn that degree at Pierce College.

Associate of Arts (AA-DTA)

Associate of Science (AS-T) Track 1 

Associate of Science (AS-T) Track 2

Educational Planning Form

Use the Educational Planning Form to map out the required courses you plan to take each quarter.

University Transfer

A university transfer degree from Pierce College satisfies the first two years of coursework required at four-year colleges and universities, at a fraction of the cost.

Completion of most of the two-year degrees listed below allow for transfer to many public and private four-year colleges in Washington.

A list of schools that accept each DTA, along with other valuable transfer information is on the State Board’s website.

Direct Transfer Degrees

Direct transfer agreements (DTA) are available in the following specific fields. These degrees satisfy the lower division general education (core) requirements and lower division degree-related requirements of four-year institutions.

Career Pathway Course Map

The Career Pathway Course Map for each associate degree outlines the courses you will need to take to earn that degree at Pierce College, as well as courses required for university transfer.

Associate in Biology (DTA/MRP)

Associate in Business (DTA/MRP)

Associate in Construction Management (DTA/MRP)

Associate in Math Education (DTA)

Associate in Music DTA/MRP

Associate in Pre-Nursing (DTA/MRP)

Understanding Transfer Requirements

Pierce College has partnerships with many four-year institutions. For more information about these partnerships, please visit our Transfer Guide page

Transfer requirements vary by university, so it’s helpful to choose your transfer destination early. Review the requirements for your intended four-year school, as well as the requirements specific to your planned major. Then, meet regularly with your Pierce College Advisor to ensure you’re on track with those requirements.

The Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC) defines policy for courses accepted for transfer at Washington's public colleges and universities. Guides for admissions deadlines and requirements for in-state and out-of-state colleges and universities are available for download here:

Requirements for All Transfer Degrees

While Pierce College allows students to earn more than 90 credits, some four-year institutions may allow no more than 90 credits to apply to your chosen field of study. Be sure to check with the four-year institution to determine their specific policy. It is your responsibility to ensure your courses are acceptable for transfer to your desired school.

College preparatory courses, as well as those numbered below 100, are not acceptable for transfer.