Get the computer and business skills you need to secure a high-paying, stable career in the medical or general office fields. Pierce College's Business Information Technology program offers two-year associate degrees, as well as one-year certificates.
Knowledge of office skills and office management principles are marketable across all industries, and can be applied to a number of different careers. In addition, medical office assistants, medical billing specialists, and those with training in medical transcription are always highly sought after by healthcare companies.
Financial aid and scholarships are frequently available to students who qualify. In addition, special funding may be available for unemployed workers or low-wage working parents.
Find Your Career
A certificate or associate's degree in Business Information Technology from Pierce College prepares you to take on new challenges and pursue your career goals. Our online job board is here to connect current and graduated Pierce College students with local employers in a variety of industries.
Individual classes in the Business Information Technology program may transfer as electives to four-year colleges.
Students must complete a skills assessment test through the Pierce College testing center. Visit the testing center web page for more information.
Certificates can be earned in as little as three quarters. Associate degrees typically take from six to eight quarters to complete.
Career Pathway Course Maps
- Administrative Assistant Medical Office (AAS) Career Pathway Course Map
- Administrative Assistant Medical Office Certificate Career Pathway Course Map
- Administrative Office Assistant (AAS) Career Pathway Course Map
- Administrative Office Assistant Certificate Career Pathway Course Map
- Business Technology (IBEST) Certificate Career Pathway Course Map
- Medical Billing and Coding (AAS) Career Pathway Course Map
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate Career Pathway Course Map
- Office Management (AAS) Career Pathway Course Map