Get the computer and business skills you need to secure a high-paying, stable career in the medical or general office fields. Pierce College's Business Information Technology program offers two-year associate degrees, as well as one-year certificates.
Knowledge of office skills and office management principles are marketable across all industries, and can be applied to a number of different careers. In addition, medical office assistants, medical billing specialists, and those with training in medical transcription are always highly sought after by healthcare companies.
Financial aid and scholarships are frequently available to students who qualify. In addition, special funding may be available for unemployed workers or low-wage working parents.
Individual classes in the Business Information Technology program may transfer as electives to four-year colleges.
Students must complete a skills assessment test through the Pierce College testing center. Visit the testing center web page for more information.
Certificates can be earned in as little as three quarters. Associate degrees typically take from six to eight quarters to complete.
Career Pathway Course Maps
- Administrative Assistant Medical Office (AAS)
- Administrative Assistant Medical Office Certificate
- Administrative Office Assistant (AAS)
- Administrative Office Assistant Certificate
- Integrated Business Technology (I-BEST) Certificate
- Medical Billing and Coding (AAS)
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Office Management (AAS)