Congratulations! You made it! Here's what you need to do to get ready for graduation day.
Important Dates and Steps
- Friday, April 16, 2021: Submit the Degree and Diploma application to the Evaluations Office by 5 p.m. in order to have your name printed in the commencement program. If you apply after that date, you are still eligible to participate, but your name will not appear in the printed program.
- Friday, May 14, 2021: Deadline to complete your graduation survey in order to sign up for the virtual ceremony, drive thru celebration and your cap and gown.
- Tuesday, June 1: Wednesday, June 2 & Thursday, June 3: Cap and Gown Pick Up.
- Tuesday, June 1 & Wednesday, June 2: Professional Graduation Photo Appointments offered on campus available.
- Friday, June 4 at 11:59 pm PST: Deadline to submit your photo and message for your virtual graduation slide. Link was sent via text and email. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you signed up for the virtual ceremony on the survey, but did not receive the link.
- Friday, June 18, 2021: Commencement Day!
- 12-2 P.M. - A drive-thru graduation celebration will be held in Tacoma Dome Parking Lots G & F between 12-2:00 p.m. Registered graduates and their guests will remain in their vehicles and drive a designated route while being cheered on by faculty and staff. Graduates are encouraged to wear their cap and gown and decorate their vehicles. More details and a cap can be found below!
- 3:30 p.m. - Premiere of the virtual graduation ceremony. You and your supporters will be able to watch the ceremony on demand at 3:30 p.m. or any time after on our Graduation 2021 page. Participation in the virtual ceremony is also optional, but highly encouraged. Graduates who reply they would like to participate in the virtual ceremony will receive a follow-up text and email with instructions on how to customize their slide. Graduates who select they are not interested in participating, or do not respond, will not be included in the virtual celebration. Be sure to share the Graduation 2021 page with your friends and family!
- Updates and additional details about the virtual and drive-thru ceremonies will be sent via email and also posted on the graduation site. Graduates will sign up for the virtual ceremony, drive-thru, and their regalia on the graduation survey.
Drive Thru Graduation Celebration
The Pierce College community is looking forward to celebrating with you at our first ever drive thru graduation celebration on Friday, June 18, 2021 from 12-2 p.m. at the Tacoma Dome Parking Lots G & F. Please be sure to read this entire email to ensure a positive experience!
What will happen? Upon arrival, graduates registered for the event will be lined up in Parking Lot G by the event staff. You will receive a pencil and name pronunciation card to fill out while you are waiting. If possible, graduates should sit in the front passenger seat. Cars will then be released by the staff to drive through the celebratory route located in Parking Lot F. Along the route, you will be directed to make a few brief stops to receive a gift and yard sign as well as have your name announced for all to hear. We ask that graduates and their guests remain in their vehicles during the drive thru and continue to use their seatbelts. Once you have driven the route, you are able to depart.
Who is allowed to attend? Graduates and their family and/or friends are welcomed to join! If possible, we request no more than two cars per graduate.
What should I wear? Graduates are encouraged to wear their caps and gowns if possible or maroon and gray attire. You are also welcome to decorate your vehicle for the occasion, but be sure to be safe and not block any mirrors or windows. We kindly ask that no glitter or confetti be used as it is difficult to clean up.
Where exactly will I be going? Please follow the directional signage at the Dome upon arrival. You will enter Parking Lot G off of Wiley Ave. We have included a map for an overview of the route. Directions to the Tacoma Dome can be found on their website.
When should I arrive? You are welcome to arrive anytime between 12-2 p.m. and are not required to be present for the entire time. We plan to keep the celebratory line moving, and will do our best to keep wait times to a minimum!
- We also ask that if you or any of your guests are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms on the day of the event, to please not attend.
- Please remain in your vehicles to help respect social distancing
Cap and Gown
Graduates will indicate on the graduation survey if they would like a cap and gown. There is no additional charge for these items. If you missed the pick up days, you can make an appointment at the Fort Steilacoom bookstore by emailing email@example.com. Caps and gowns will only be available for pick up until Wednesday, June 30, 2021.
Professional Graduation Photo Opportunity
GradImages, the commencement photography business used by Pierce College, offered appointments for graduates to have professional gradation photographs taken. This is completely optional and there is no charge to have your picture taken, but you will have to pay if you would like prints or digital copies of your photos. Your graduation cap and gown is the recommended attire for the photo, but not required. If you had your photo taken, you will receive an email and text at the contact information you provided on the card with the link to view them once they are ready.
Please also note that this company is not affiliated with the organization producing our virtual graduation ceremony, so you should still plan to take and upload a photo if you are participating in the virtual ceremony. Unfortunately the photos taken by GradImages will not be ready in time for you to upload to use for the virtual ceremony.
Official diplomas will be mailed directly to the graduate approximately 10–12 weeks after the quarter in which requirements have been completed and verified. Please confirm your mailing address is correct in ctcLink to avoid any delays.
For evaluations or Graduation - Commencement eligibility questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about the drive thru graduation celebration, virtual graduation ceremony, or anything else, please contact us at email@example.com.