Congratulations! You made it! Here's what you need to do to get ready for graduation day.
Important Dates and Steps
- Friday, April 16, 2021: Submit the Degree and Diploma application to the Evaluations Office by 5 p.m. in order to have your name printed in the commencement program. If you apply after that date, you are still eligible to participate, but your name will not appear in the printed program.
- Friday, May 14, 2021: Deadline to complete your graduation survey in order to sign up for the virtual ceremony, drive thru celebration and your cap and gown.
- Tuesday, June 1: Wednesday, June 2 & Thursday, June 3: Cap and Gown Pick Up.
- Tuesday, June 1 & Wednesday, June 2: Professional Graduation Photo Appointments offered on campus available.
- Friday, June 4 at 11:59 pm PST: Deadline to submit your photo and message for your virtual graduation slide. Link was sent via text and email. Please email email@example.com if you signed up for the virtual ceremony on the survey, but did not receive the link.
- Friday, June 18, 2021: Commencement Day!
- 12-2 P.M. - A drive-thru graduation celebration will be held in Tacoma Dome Parking Lots G & F between 12-2:00 p.m. Registered graduates and their guests will remain in their vehicles and drive a designated route while being cheered on by faculty and staff. Graduates are encouraged to wear their cap and gown and decorate their vehicles.
- 3:30 p.m. - Premiere of the virtual graduation ceremony. You and your supporters will be able to watch the ceremony on demand at 3:30 p.m. or any time after on our Graduation 2021 page. Participation in the virtual ceremony is also optional, but highly encouraged. Graduates who reply they would like to participate in the virtual ceremony will receive a follow-up text and email with instructions on how to customize their slide. Graduates who select they are not interested in participating, or do not respond, will not be included in the virtual celebration. Be sure to share the Graduation 2021 page with your friends and family!
Professional Graduation Photo Opportunity
GradImages, the commencement photography business used by Pierce College, offered appointments for graduates to have professional gradation photographs taken. This is completely optional and there is no charge to have your picture taken, but you will have to pay if you would like prints or digital copies of your photos. Your graduation cap and gown is the recommended attire for the photo, but not required. If you had your photo taken, you will receive an email and text at the contact information you provided on the card with the link to view them once they are ready.
Please also note that this company is not affiliated with the organization producing our virtual graduation ceremony, so you should still plan to take and upload a photo if you are participating in the virtual ceremony. Unfortunately the photos taken by GradImages will not be ready in time for you to upload to use for the virtual ceremony.
Official diplomas will be mailed directly to the graduate approximately 10–12 weeks after the quarter in which requirements have been completed and verified. Please confirm your mailing address is correct in ctcLink to avoid any delays.
A complimentary diploma cover and printed graduation program can be picked up in the Evaluations Office located in Cascade 309 (just past cashiering and the registration desks) on the Fort Steilacoom campus Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
You can also request these items be mailed to you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your mailing address.
For evaluations or Graduation - Commencement eligibility questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
For questions about the drive thru graduation celebration, virtual graduation ceremony, or anything else, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.