Congratulations 2018 Graduates
Congratulations! You made it! Here's what you need to do to get ready for graduation day.
Important Dates and Steps
- Friday, April 11, 2018: Submit the Degree and Diploma application form to the Evaluations Office by 5 p.m. in order to have your name printed in the commencement program.
If you apply after that date, you are still eligible to participate, but your name will not appear in the program.
- Monday, June 4, 2018: Pick up your cap and gown at either the Puyallup or Fort Steilacoom Bookstore.
- Fees and pre-measurements are not required.
- You may choose the size when you pick up the cap and gown.
- Friday, June 15, 2018: Commencement Day!
- Ceremony starts at 2:30 p.m. (Doors open at 1:30 p.m.)
- Location: Main arena at the Tacoma Dome, 2727 East D St., Tacoma
- Tickets are not required for admission.
Directions to the Tacoma Dome
From Olympia on I-5 Going North
Take Exit 133. Follow ramp on East 26th St. Take a right. Tacoma Dome signs will direct you to parking lots.
From Seattle on I-5 Going South
Take Exit 135. The ramp will put you on East 27th Street. Tacoma Dome signs will direct you to parking lots.
There is a $15 parking fee per vehicle, so we recommend you and your guests carpool, if possible.
See the Tacoma Dome website for directions and more parking information.
The College and Tacoma Dome cannot assume responsibility for your personal belongings nor for lost or stolen items. Please make arrangements for family members or your guests to care for your personal belongings during the ceremony. In addition, guests (including children) are not allowed to sit with or participate in the ceremony with graduates. Please ensure all children are supervised by family members or friends during the ceremony.
Accommodations for Graduates and Guests with Disabilities
American Sign Language interpreters will be provided. The Tacoma Dome has accessible parking throughout the parking lots and Tacoma Dome staff are happy to assist guests in locating accessible seating and seating reserved for those using interpreting services. Graduates and guests needing additional accommodation due to a disability should contact Access and Disability Services at 253-964-6246 or firstname.lastname@example.org by June 5.
Attendance at graduation is encouraged, but not required. Diplomas are not issued at the ceremony. Official diplomas will be mailed directly to the graduate approximately 10-12 weeks after the quarter in which requirements have been completed and verified.