Who Can Access the Labs
Pierce College computer labs and STAT serve registered students from Pierce College, students from Central Washington University extension, faculty and staff. Students are also able to use adjoining computer classrooms when classes are not in session, but should be mindful that class times regularly vary and are subject to change.
Printing and Wi-Fi
- Username: First Initial Last Name Last 4 #s of student ID
- Example: SJones6789
- Password: PCD! full birth year month day
- Example: PCD!19920412
- CWU Students: Add letters cwu. to username.
- Example: cwu.SJones6789
- (same password protocol)
- Username: ctcLink ID Number
- Example: 101012345
- Password: ctcLink password
Each student registered for credit classes at Pierce College will receive $15.00 from the Student Technology Fee in their accounts at the start of each quarter. The printing system is designed to help make printing equitable and fair and encourage sustainability of financial and environmental resources.
- Single-sided black and white prints are $.05 each.
- Double-sided prints (where available) are $.08 cents.
- Color prints are $.20 (double-sided prints are $.18 cents per side.)
Once a student selects "print" in a document or web page, the student will log into the PaperCut printing system and confirm the print job. Then the document will be sent to the printer, and the charge will automatically be deducted from the student's account. Print jobs will be held for a maximum of three hours in the print queue.
In order to add money to your account, you can visit the librarian at the Pierce College Library Circulation Desk which will be in the fourth floor of the Cascade Building at Fort Steilacoom or the second floor of the Library Science Building in Puyallup. (As of winter quarter 2019, you can now pay with either cash or a credit/debit card.)
Connect to Wi-Fi
- Click the Wireless Icon at the bottom left of your screen.
- Open Network Settings > Manage Wi-Fi settings > PierceWIFI (Never Guest!)
- If you have to, select manually connect to a wireless network and click Next
- Enter: Network Name: PierceWIFI
- Security Type: WPA2-Enterpirise
- Encryption: AES (Check Start this connection automatically
- Select Change connection settings
- Click Security Tab, uncheck Remember my credentials for this connection
- Click Settings
- Uncheck Verify the server’s identity by validating the certificate
- Click Configure
- Uncheck automatically use my Windows logon password
- Click OK > OK > OK > Close
- A Windows Security pop-up should appear
- Enter your student Wi-Fi username and password
- Ex. Username: jsmith1234
- Password: PCD!YYYYMMDD
Installing Microsoft Office 365 on Personal Devices Free
Students have access to 5 free copies of Microsoft Office 365 to download on personal devices. By downloading the software, you are able to access Office programs from home offline.
- Ensure pop up blocker is turned off
- Log in to your student email
- Click Office 365 in the top left corner
- Click install Office 2016 in the top right corner
- After you click Install and a pop up appears, click Save
- The application will save and download, and should appear at the bottom of the page
- Click the download and when the box opens, click Run
- After the program downloads, you will have offline access to the Office products