The Science Dome hosts free and low-cost special public events that include planetarium shows and hands-on science demonstrations appropriate for all ages.
All Ages Shows
- Explore the night sky, fly through the solar system, explore the universe, and learn about new astronomical discoveries! All Ages Shows start with a half-hour interactive tour of our current night sky and are followed by a 25–40 minute fulldome video, approximately 1 hour total. Videos are shown on a rotating basis. A question and answer period will follow the video, if time permits.
- Get tickets
- General admission (ages 3+): $6
- Pierce College students: FREE
- View the public show schedule
- Friday: 7 p.m.
- Saturday: 3:15 p.m.
- Wednesday (summer only): 1p.m. and 2:15 p.m.
- These interactive shows are specially designed for our youngest visitors (3–12). We feature a different show each month. You can expect to get up out of your seat and get moving. Show topics vary: Hula hoop with Saturn, bounce on the moon, find and make up your own constellations, fly to another star system and much more!
- Children’s show descriptions
- Get tickets
- Participating kids, ages 3–12: $6
- Adults: Free
- Saturday: 12:30 p.m. and 2 p.m., approximately 45 minutes
Tacoma Astronomical Society
The Tacoma Astronomical Society hosts free public viewing sessions each month at Pierce College Fort Steilacoom. Indoor lectures, science dome presentations, demonstrations and workshops are available regardless of weather. On clear nights, TAS volunteers provide telescopic observations on the moon, planets, star clusters, nebulae, galaxies, double stars and more. To view their schedule, visit the Tacoma Astronomical Society website.