How to Apply
The BAS-T program builds off the strong foundation of a professional/technical associate in applied science (AAS-T) degree in Early Childhood Education.
Effective September 18, 2023, Pierce College's BAS-Teaching program will no longer be accepting applications for the 2023 - 2024 fall cohort. Please return on February 1, 2024 when applications for the 2024 - 2025 cohort(s) will become available. Please contact BAS-Teaching staff at Teaching@pierce.ctc.edu with any questions.
- ENGL& 101
- MATH 111 or another approved college-level math course
- AAS-T* in ECE or its equivalent
*An AAS-T is 40 core credits (humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, communications, and quantitative) plus 50 early childhood credits (some courses may count both as ECE and as core) for a total of 90 credits.
- Cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 in all education related coursework.
- Scores on the WEST-B, SAT, or ACT.
- Applied to Pierce College. Be sure to choose the correct starting quarter.
- Submitted the BAS-T application
- Submitted WEST-B (or equivalent SAT or ACT scores) to Pierce College.
- WEST-B must be taken prior to admission
- Identified three (3) professional and/or academic references for Pierce College to contact (2 of the 3 references should be from current supervisors or others who have formally evaluated your work)
- Submitted Personal Essay
- Submitted Response to Parent Email
- Submitted Resume
- Submitted Official Transcripts in the original sealed envelopes from all institutions previously attended (excluding Pierce College)
- Completed FAFSA or WASFA and any other applicable financial aid such as Washington Scholarships for Child Care Professionals, Washington Teacher Grants, and WashBoard.