student browses through library books

Transfer Credit Evaluation

To apply for admission at Pierce College, you do not need to submit your transcripts for evaluation.  In fact, you need to apply at Pierce College before we can transfer credits. Apply for admission online.

You may request official transcripts from postsecondary accredited institutions where you have attended by contacting the school you attended.

Official transcripts are defined as transcripts received at Pierce College directly from the school, a third party service, or delivered to Pierce College in the original sealed envelope.

Have your official transcripts from postsecondary accredited institutions sent to or, as a secondary option, you may have your official transcripts mailed to:

Pierce College
Evaluations Office
9401 Farwest Drive SW
Lakewood, WA 98498

Type of Transcripts

We accept passing grades of D/1.0 or higher from postsecondary accredited institutions. While a 1.0 is a passing grade, some programs and course requirements may require a higher grade.

We also accept transcripts from other education sources including:

Graduation Application

You may apply for graduation two terms (quarters) prior to your expected graduation.  For example, if you are expecting to graduate at the end of the spring term, you should apply by the end of the fall term. You can find the Degree and Diploma Application on the Forms page.

Please submit this form via mail or in person at either of our campuses:

Evaluations Office
Pierce College Lakewood
9401 Farwest Drive SW
Lakewood, Washington 98498

Admissions Office
Pierce College Puyallup
1601 39th Avenue SE
Puyallup, Washington 98374

Diplomas and Certificates

The process for issuing degrees and certificates starts when the final grades for the term are posted onto the transcripts.  The timeline for the process is 2 - 10 weeks.  Evaluations will notify students by email when the degree is awarded.  Students will verify their name as it should appear on their diploma or certificate and confirm their mailing address.  Next, Parchment sends a digital copy of the diploma or certificate.  Finally, Parchment sends the hard copy of the diploma or certificate and it should arrive within 10 weeks from the start of the process.


The waiting period for processing Degree and Diploma Applications and credit transfer evaluations will vary during the year from 2 - 10 weeks with the peak of requests being during the spring term. 

For updates on your evaluation or Degree or Diploma Application, please visit your ctcLink student portal.  The updates will appear in the student’s milestone tile.   

For questions or concerns regarding your evaluation, Degree and Diploma Application, or diploma or certificate, our preferred method of communication is by email at You may also call us at 253-964-6678.

Special Admissions Programs at Pierce College

Special Admissions programs advise and evaluate incoming credits for prospective students interested in applying to one of the following programs:

Awarding Credit for AP, IB and Dual-Credit Programs

We follow state guidelines for AP and IB credit.

Postsecondary Accrediting Bodies

  • Higher Learning Commission
  • Middles States Commission on Higher Education
  • New England Association of School and Colleges, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
  • Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
  • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
  • Western Association of Schools and Colleges