Requesting Transfer Credit Evaluation
Official transcripts will be evaluated to determine which credits will apply to the program of study you intend to pursue at Pierce College. Credits earned at institutions accredited by their regional accrediting association may be accepted.
If you have attended other colleges or universities and would like to use those credits at Pierce College, complete the following steps:
- Request official transcripts from the other colleges or universities you attended and have them sent to the Evaluations Office.
If you earned college credits while serving in the US Military, you can request your Joint Service Transcript (JST) and/or Community College of the Air Force transcript to be sent to Pierce College.
Send official transcripts to:
9401 Farwest Drive SW
Lakewood WA 98498
- Submit a Credit Evaluation Request form so we know how to apply your credits towards your intended degree or certificate.
Pierce College may accept transfer credits with a D/1.0 or higher grade from regionally accredited colleges and universities.
If you are not planning to earn your degree or certificate at Pierce College, you do not need to submit official transcripts to the Evaluations Office.
To earn a degree or certificate at Pierce College, you must earn at least 20 credits or 25 percent of your degree/certificate at Pierce College.
Special Admissions Programs at Pierce College
Special Admissions programs advise and evaluate incoming credits for prospective students interested in applying to one of the following programs:
- Dental Hygiene
- Veterinary Technology
- BAS Teaching
- BAS Homeland Security and Emergency Management
Applying for Your Degree
- Apply for your degree or certificate two (2) quarters before you plan to earn your degree or certificate by submitting a Degree and Diploma application.
- Apply for your degree or certificate by November 15 to have an evaluation before spring registration.
- Apply for your degree or certificate by April 1 to have your name in the commencement program for graduation.
One commencement ceremony is held annually in June. More information is available on the commencement web page.
Awarding Credit for AP and Dual-Credit Programs
We follow state guidelines for awarding AP credit.
Tech Prep/Dual Credit coursework is transcripted through the following process:
- Apply for Admissions to Pierce
- Submit a Tech Prep/Dual Credit application form along with an unofficial copy of your high school transcript to Registration
Transcripts in a Language Other than English
Foreign credentials in a language other than English must be professionally evaluated by a credential evaluation service. You can find services at the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services website. Once translated, please submit the official translation to Pierce College.
Regional Accrediting Bodies
- Higher Learning Commission
- Middles States Commission on Higher Education
- New England Association of School and Colleges, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
Contact us at email@example.com or 253-964-6678 or in person at the Fort Steilacoom Campus on the 3rd floor of the Cascade Building.