Transfer Credit Evaluation
To apply for admission at Pierce College, you do not need to submit your transcripts for evaluation. In fact, you need to apply at Pierce College before we can transfer credits. Apply for admission online.
You may request official transcripts from regionally accredited institutions where you have attended by contacting the school you attended.
Official transcripts are defined as transcripts received at Pierce College directly from the school, a third party service, or delivered to Pierce College in the original sealed envelope.
Have your official transcripts from regionally accredited institutions sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or, as a secondary option, you may have your official transcripts mailed to:
9401 Farwest Drive SW
Lakewood, WA 98498
Type of Transcripts
We accept passing grades of D/1.0 or higher from regionally accredited institutions.
We also accept transcripts from other education sources including:
- Advanced Placement (AP)
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Cambridge International (CI)
- DANTES Subject Standardized Test (DSST)
- High School Transcripts from students enrolled in Career and Technical Education (CTE) Dual Credit
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- JST (Joint Services Transcript
- International Transcripts
- If the transcript is in a foreign language, the transcript must be evaluated by a service registered with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.
You may apply for graduation two terms (quarters) prior to your expected graduation. For example, if you are expecting to graduate at the end of the spring term, you should apply by the end of the fall term. You can find the Degree and Diploma Application on the Forms page.
Diplomas and Certificates
The process for issuing degrees and certificates starts when the final grades for the term are posted onto the transcripts. The timeline for the process is 2 - 10 weeks. Evaluations will notify students by email when the degree is awarded. Students will verify their name as it should appear on their diploma or certificate and confirm their mailing address. Next, Parchment sends a digital copy of the diploma or certificate. Finally, Parchment sends the hard copy of the diploma or certificate and it should arrive within 10 weeks from the start of the process.
The waiting period for processing Degree and Diploma Applications and credit transfer evaluations will vary during the year from 2 - 10 weeks with the peak of requests being during the spring term.
For updates on your evaluation or Degree or Diploma Application, please visit your ctcLink student portal. The updates will appear in the student’s milestone tile.
For questions or concerns regarding your evaluation, Degree and Diploma Application, or diploma or certificate, our preferred method of communication is by email at email@example.com. You may also call us at 253-964-6678.
Special Admissions Programs at Pierce College
Special Admissions programs advise and evaluate incoming credits for prospective students interested in applying to one of the following programs:
- BAS Business Management
- BAS Dental Hygiene
- BAS Fire Services Leadership and Management
- BAS Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- BAS Teaching
- Veterinary Technology
Awarding Credit for AP, IB and Dual-Credit Programs
We follow state guidelines for AP and IB credit.
Regional Accrediting Bodies
- Higher Learning Commission
- Middles States Commission on Higher Education
- New England Association of School and Colleges, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges