Getting Ready to Graduate?
Congratulations! Follow these steps to make sure you're ready for the big day.
1Make sure you meet the graduation requirements
To receive a degree or certificate from Pierce College, you must:
- Earn the lesser of (at least) 20 college level credits or 25 percent of the credits applicable to the degree or certificate at Pierce College
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 or higher for all college level Pierce College courses applicable to the degree or certificate
2 Determine which quarter you plan to graduate
3 Complete the degree and diploma application
- At Pierce Fort Steilacoom, submit the completed form to the Evaluations office.
- At Pierce Puyallup, submit the form to the Admissions Office.
- At Pierce College at JBLM, see the JBLM Advising web page for information for submitting Degree and Diploma Applications. JBLM students completing degrees are invited to attend the graduation ceremony sponsored by Armed Forces Continuing Educational Services and the Pierce College District graduation ceremony in June each year.
4 Complete your program
Make sure to follow all program guidelines and requirements.
5 Get ready for the big day!
We host a commencement ceremony each June for students who have completed their graduation requirements during that academic year, as well as those who are projected to complete their programs during the spring and summer quarters. Graduates and their families are encouraged to participate in this special event.
Note: Participation in the commencement ceremony does not imply that your degree or certificate has been awarded. Rather, you must meet all program requirements before a degree or certificate is awarded. All diplomas are mailed from the Evaluations office once grades have been verified. This process generally takes eight to 10 weeks after the end of the quarter.