About the Pierce College Residence Hall
Your time outside of class is just as important as your time in class. Studies have shown that students who live in campus housing tend to get more out of their college experience and often earn higher grades.
The Pierce College Residence Hall – Center for Global Scholars (CGS) is traditional campus housing for both domestic and international Pierce College students. CGS values both student independence and a student’s need for community. It is a safe residential facility with events/programs and 24/7 assistance that provides opportunities to create meaningful relationships and grow leadership skills that support a student’s academic success and personal development.
CGS is conveniently located next to the bus stop and is an 8-minute bus ride from the Pierce College Fort Steilacoom campus. CGS is less than a 5-minute walk from a grocery store, various restaurants, Starbucks, Dollar Store and other convenient local services.
Check us out on Instagram @centerforglobalscholars to see more about your community.
- To set up a tour of the residence hall, please email email@example.com.
- See our Housing Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
Benefits of Living in Campus Housing
- Promotes safety and security while providing independence
- Provides easy access to campus and community resources
- Opportunity to learn about other cultures and lifestyles, form lifelong friendships, and create lasting memories
- Community-based educational and social events and programs
- Leadership and cross-cultural opportunities
- Research has shown that students who live in campus housing do better academically
- Students often highlight their living experience and the leadership opportunities they gained as a result of living at CGS on their university transfer applications and on job applications
Room and Building Description
- Twin XL bed (bedding not included)
- Desk and chair
- Small personal refrigerator
- Room Wi-Fi and a wired internet connection
- Community kitchen
- Dining hall and meeting room
- Study room and spaces
- Laundry room
- Quiet room
- TV lounge
- Fitness room
- Covered outdoor BBQ and picnic area
- Outdoor courtyards
- Bike storage
- Common area Wi-Fi
All utilities are included in the rental price.
Room Types and Quarterly Costs
Double rooms are the most common type of room within CGS. There are a limited number of single and triple rooms. All rooms are fully furnished and equipped. A student’s specific room type and roommate request will be given when possible, but cannot be guaranteed.
- Double Room: Most common. Average of 208 square feet. One roommate.
- Triple Room: Limited availability. Average of 231 square feet. Two roommates.
- Quad Room: One available. Average of 295 square feet. Three roommates.
- Single Room: Limited availability. Average of 121 square feet. No roommate.
|Double Room||Triple Room||Quad Room||Single Room|
|Summer Quarter Agreement 2019||$1,575USD||$1,260USD||$1,135USD||$1,890USD|
|Three-Quarter Agreement 2019–2020||$2,100USD per quarter
$6,300 for the academic year
|$1,700USD per quarter
$5,100USD for the academic year
|$1,500USD per quarter
$4,500USD for the academic year
|$2,600USD per quarter
$7,800USD for the academic year
Housing Agreements and Resident Handbook
Three-Quarter Housing Agreement Duration
- Requires a commitment for the full academic year, beginning on fall quarter move-in dates (see below) through the end of spring quarter, unless assigned to move in after the fall quarter begins.
- Refer to the housing agreement for cancellation and termination policies and deadlines.
- Currently admitted to Pierce College.
- 17 years of age by date of check in to residence hall.
- Registered full-time (minimum 12 credit hours) student. Students should maintain a 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA).
- College/university students studying abroad at Pierce College for less than three quarters may apply to live in CGS for the duration of their studies at Pierce College.
- Married students and students with children are not eligible; we recommend applying to apartments in the area.
How to Apply
As soon as you are admitted to Pierce College, you are eligible to complete a residence hall application.
- Applications are accepted year round and rooms offered on a space-available basis.
- CGS does not require a housing deposit.
- A $300 non-refundable application fee is required. Payment of the application fee is the last step in completing a housing application. You may submit your application without the application fee, but the application will not be finalized without the fee.
- Local domestic students are encouraged to tour the residence hall before applying. To set up a tour, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete our online form to request a housing application.
- Domestic students will complete a background check after submitting their application. Pierce College may not automatically or unreasonably deny an applicant's admission or restrict access to campus residency based on an applicant's criminal history in compliance with RCW 28B.160.020 and SB 6582. See the housing agreement for more information on criminal offenses.
|Summer 2019||June 25, 2019|
|Fall 2019||September 12 and 13, 2019|
|Winter 2020||December 27, 2019|
|Spring 2020||March 30, 2020|
New international students can request airport pickup at email@example.com.
Summer 2019 Building Closure
The residence hall closes to all students from 6 p.m., August 23, 2019 through 9 a.m., September 12, 2019. Summer quarter residents must check out by 6 p.m., August 23, 2019.
Winter 2019–2020 Break
The residence hall closes for winter break from 6 p.m., December 10, 2019 through 9 a.m., December 27, 2019. There is a one-time $350 charge for residents who would like to stay in CGS over winter break.
Spring 2020 Break
The residence hall is open for residents during spring break with no additional charge.
Housing Accommodation Deadlines
If you require an accommodation in order to create equal access to the living facility, please follow the same housing application process as all students applying for Pierce College housing. In addition, please contact Access and Disability Services (ADS) to request an accommodation. ADS will determine what accommodations are reasonable for CGS to provide. CGS cannot proceed with accommodations without direction from ADS.
Please contact ADS in enough time to make certain ADS has time to review the accommodation needs. ADS may require at least a month advance notice. Requests for housing accommodation received by ADS after the deadline will be accepted and processed and, if approved, ADS will notify CGS in writing of any approved housing accommodation. Late requests will be accommodated as soon as space becomes available, but there is no guarantee that the accommodation will be provided for the requested quarter.
|Quarter||Deadline for Accommodation Approval by ADS|
|Summer 2019||May 1, 2019|
|Fall 2019||July 15, 2019|
|Winter 2020||November 1, 2019|
|Spring 2020||February 3, 2020|
|Summer 2020||May 1, 2020|
Additional information is available on the Access and Disability Services web page.
Center for Global Scholars