Welcome to Pierce College at Joint Base Lewis-McChord
Pierce College at JBLM is proud to partner with the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) through the General Education Mobile (GEM) program and offer general education courses that meet CCAF AAS degree requirements.
- Attend your installation’s TA briefing
- Apply for tuition assistance (Note:You must apply no later than 7 days prior to the course start date.)
- Select Pierce College as your GEM institution when completing the Air Force Tuition Assistance (TA) request process.
- Register for GEM – approved courses (after TA approval)
- Purchase required course materials
- Access your course on the start date
GEM Approved Courses
|Distribution Area||Course Number||Course Title|
|ORAL COMMUNICATION||CMST& 101
|Introduction to Communications
|WRITTEN COMMUNICATION||ENGL& 101
|English Composition I
Composition II: Argumentation and Research
Composition III: Writing About Literature
|Math in Society
Applied Algebra, Geometry, and Trigonometry
Introduction to Statistics
|SOCIAL SCIENCE||ECON 110
|Survey of Economics
World Civilizations I
Introduction to Political Science
Introduction to Sociology
Introduction to Art
Introduction to Literature
Introduction to Fiction
American Literature I
Introduction to Humanities
Course Tuition and Fees
If you have questions or need additional information, please email our Advising & Outreach Department at MilAdvising@Pierce.ctc.edu or call (253) 964-6606 at McChord or (253) 964-6567 at Fort Lewis.
Online Academic and Technical Support
Your primary resource for academic assistance is your instructor, so please don’t hesitate to request help when needed. For additional resources, please see our support services and advising webpages.