General Education Mobile (GEM)
Pierce College at JBLM is proud to be a GEM-certified school to support the completion of your Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) degree. Our GEM courses are preapproved to meet CCAF Associate of Applied Science general education degree requirements.
- Attend your installation’s TA briefing
- Apply for tuition assistance (Note: You must apply no later than 7 days prior to the course start date.)
- Select Pierce College as your GEM institution when completing the Air Force Tuition Assistance (TA) request process.
- Select classes from the quarterly schedule.
- Register for GEM-approved courses (after TA approval).
- Purchase required course materials.
- Access your course on the start date
GEM Approved Courses
|Distribution Area||Course Number||Course Title|
|ORAL COMMUNICATION||CMST& 101
|Introduction to Communications
|WRITTEN COMMUNICATION||ENGL& 101
|English Composition I
Composition II: Argumentation and Research
Composition III: Writing About Literature
|Math in Society
Introduction to Statistics
|SOCIAL SCIENCE||ECON& 201
Intro to Geography
World Civilizations III
Introduction to Political Science
Introduction to Sociology
Race and Ethnicity
History of Art-Contemporary
Multicultural American Literature
Introduction to Humanities
Ethnic Thought and Culture
Intro to Ethics
Courses at Pierce College JBLM are 9 weeks long. Classes through the other campuses are typically 11 weeks with a shorter 7–8 week summer term.
Tuition and fees vary slightly depending on campus. You can calculate the cost of your courses on the Tuition and Fees page.
Online Academic Support
A variety of student support services can be accessed through our Student Support Center.
GEM Point of Contacts
For registration questions, please contact Andrea Vonderscheer.
For advising questions, please contact James Lett.