How to Update Your Email Signature in Outlook 2016
To copy and paste this year's email signature to your mail client signature, please follow these instructions:
Step 1: Open the HTML file to view the signature in your browser. Copy everything from the signature. (Try using Internet Explorer if you are having issues with other browsers).
Step 2: Follow the instructions below, depending on your email client:
Outlook Client on PC
- Open Outlook and select “File” in the top left corner.
- Now select “Options” at the bottom left-hand side of the blue ribbon.
- In the “Outlook Options” window that appears, select the “Mail” tab on the left side.
- Under the “Compose messages” field, you’ll find “Create or modify signatures for messages.” Click the box called “Signatures.”
- In the “Signatures and Stationery” window that appears, click “New” and name your signature.
- Make sure the “email account” field shows your Pierce address: email@example.com.
- In the “New messages field,” make sure your newly created signature is selected as well as the “Replies/forwards” field.
- In the bottom box, type or paste your desired signature and then click “OK.”
Outlook Client on a MAC
- Open Outlook on your MAC.
- In the top left corner of your screen, select “Outlook” and then select “Preferences.”
- In the new pop up window, under the “Email” tab, select “Signatures.”
- Click the + sign to add a new signature and then add your signature in the box to the right.
Outlook Web App online (https://mail.pierce.ctc.edu)
- Log in to the Outlook Web app page.
- Click the gear icon on the top right side of the page and then select “Options.”
- Under “Options,” select “Settings,” and you should automatically go to the mail tab.
- You should now see “Email signature” with a box below were you can add your new signature.
- Once you have completed your signature, click the blue “Save" box at the bottom of the page.
Some people may have different results depending on the operating systems or computers they use. For help setting up your email signature, please contact the IT Help Desk by email or at 253-964-6373.