The Pierce College Writing Center will be operating both remotely and on-campus during winter term.
- On campus appointments are available at the Puyallup and Steilacoom campus libraries Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Fridays 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Online appointments are available Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.
We look forward to seeing you on campus or online!
Students can find up-to-date information and explore resources through the Writing Center Canvas course.
Students can contact the Writing Center by phone or by email to ask any questions or to get assistance making an appointment. You can leave a message as well after hours and we will respond as soon as we return.
How do I make an appointment with the Writing Center?
Start by booking a consultation on our scheduling system. If you haven’t done so, register for an account on that site, using your preferred email address and then log in. Click on any white time block to make a booking with a tutor.
If you need assistance, read our full instructions for booking a consultation.
What does an online writing appointment look like?
The online writing appointment is a platform built right into our scheduling system. It is a live, face-to-face meeting with a writing tutor, with video, audio, text chat, and document sharing capabilities. It is much like a face-to-face appointment in the writing center.
Watch Video - Getting Onto an Online Appointment
Can I just send my paper to you for feedback?
We have a few tutors who are trained to do this kind of consultation. Go to our online schedule and look for the tutors who are doing "written feedback only" appointments, then book that kind of appointment with them.
Do you have a paper to write for any course (English, Biology, Nursing, etc.) at Pierce?
Would you like to talk about it with one of our Writing Tutors?
All writers can benefit from discussing their work and getting another perspective.
We can help with:
- Understanding your assignment
- Planning and outlining your writing
- Reading what you’ve written and offering helpful feedback
- Integrating your sources and references
- Reading and grammar questions
We can offer:
One-to-one or small group consultations with a writing tutor:
- 30-minute drop-in appointments for those quick questions
- 30- and 60-minute pre-booked appointments
Book appointments by using our online booking system (the gray button at the top of the page will take you there), or by coming in to the Writing Center, calling us, or emailing.
See our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.