Bachelor of Applied Science in Dental Hygiene Program Application Checklist
Application Due: Friday, January 26, 2018 by 12:00 p.m.
- Completing the Application Packet to the Dental Hygiene program correctly is the first step in the selection and ranking process and the Sole Responsibility of the Applicant.
- Maintaining a valid application and/or offer of acceptance or conditional acceptance is also the Sole Responsibility of the Applicant. This includes following directions, processes, meeting deadlines, course requirements, submissions, etc.
- Postmarks not allowed. “Due” dates mean the task is complete by 12:00 p.m. on the date listed.
- This checklist is provided to you as a tool for your process, but it is your responsibility to ensure that you are correctly following the current application directions and meeting all deadlines. Deadlines discrepancies ALWAYS default to the earlier date.
- Currently enrolled Pierce students may find the find the Transcript Request Form here.
Send initial Application Packet and all subsequent documents to:
Pierce College Fort Steilacoom
Attn: Admissions, Dental Hygiene Application
9401 Farwest Drive SW
Lakewood, WA 98498-1999
Due Date: Recommend Completion BEFORE 1/3/2018
- Submit any prerequisite course substitutions through our Substitute Prerequisite Course form, as applicable.
Only courses submitted and approved through the official Substitute Prerequisite Course process are accepted for course substitutions. Advising plans, emails, education plans, or other written or verbal documentation created by anyone either inside or outside the Pierce College system (including advising documents by the program director) are not accepted for course substitutions. No exceptions.
- Complete Observation Hours and procure verification of Extracurricular Activities.
- Apply to Pierce College, if applicable.
- Pay the $40 Dental Hygiene Application Fee. A copy of your receipt is submitted with your BASDH Application.
1/26/2018 by 12:00 p.m.
- Submit your complete BASDH Application with all applicable documentation:
- Official (sealed) transcripts. (Currently enrolled Pierce students may find the Transcript Request Form here.)
- Receipt of paid Dental Hygiene Application Fee.
- Email of Substitute Prerequisite Course approvals – if any.
- Purchase your Criminal Background Check.
- Complete the FAFSA, regardless of whether you think you are eligible for financial aid or not.
- Notification of application validation and invitation to attend onsite testing of Space Relations and Writing Samples. Testing will occur on the Pierce College Fort Steilacoom campus in Lakewood,WA
- You will need to “Accept” or “Decline” your invite to attend. (No fees associated with the on-site testing.)
- If you “Accept” your invite to the on-site testing, schedule at your convenience to take the Health Science Reasoning Test (HRST). This test can be taken at either the Fort Steilacoom campus or another acceptable location. You may only take this test once per application year. Please contact the testing center to schedule at: 253-964-6521. (Fees may apply if not taken at Pierce College and are the responsibility of the applicant.)
- If you “Accept” your invite to the on-site testing, attend on-site testing of Space Relations and Writing Sample testing.
(Reserve from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. for the testing and informational session.)
- Submit official (sealed) Transcripts from winter quarter/semester.
- Notification of Acceptance, Conditional Acceptance, Alternate List Ranking, or Non-Acceptance via Pierce College student email.
- Applicant must Confirm Acceptance or Decline Offer no later than this date.
- If you accept the offer, pay the $100.00 non-refundable Advanced Tuition fee.
5/4/2018 through 6/14/2018
- Complete dental, ophthalmic, and medical history requirements.
- Submit proof of vaccinations.
- Conduct a PDP tuberculin test showing proof of not having tuberculosis.
- Ensure financial aid is in order, etc.
- Participate in BASDH online orientation and attend onsite activities June 27-29. Classes begin July 2, 2018.