Time to Apply to the Program?
We are excited for you to take this step. But first, be sure you are eligible to apply. Please check the Ready to Start Page to verify you are eligible.
The Dental Hygiene Centralized Application System (DHCAS) online application site opens November 1, 2018.
For the application year of 2019, your DHCAS application must be completed no later than February 1, 2019. Please follow the directions carefully.
Pierce College Dental Hygiene program uses the Dental Hygiene Centralized Application System (DHCAS) through the American Dental Education Association. This website simplifies the process and reduces redundancy for you as an applicant. All directions on how to submit official transcripts are on this site.
Please be advised that you will be required to apply for admissions to Pierce College if you are not a current student.
Prior to December 2018, you will need to complete the Observation Hours.
- Download and print the Observation Hours Form. For assistance with the form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-964-6796.
- Reapplicants may use a portion of the previous year’s observation hours, but will also need the current form because the criteria for the observation hours changed from last year.
On or after November 1, go to the DHCAS Applicant Login Page and follow the directions. Be sure you choose Pierce College Dental Hygiene in Lakewood, WA.
Invitation to Testing
After you submit your application, it will be validated or invalidated. If it is validated, you will be invited to test and complete the rest of the application process.
There are no additional fees for the applicant tests, unless otherwise noted below.
Test One: Health Science Reasoning Test (HSRT)
Contact the Pierce College Testing Center to schedule a time to complete this test at Pierce College Fort Steilacoom. The HSRT must be completed no later than Saturday, March 23, 2019, prior to the onsite Test Two and Test Three.
Applicants who are unable to take the test at Pierce College must contact the Testing Center to coordinate a proctored test in an appropriate facility. The third-party location may require a fee for a proctored test.
Note: The Health Sciences Reasoning Test (HSRT) website has information about the test.
Test Two: Space Relations and Test Three: Writing Sample
These two tests will be administered on Saturday, March 23, 2019 at:
Pierce College Fort Steilacoom
9401 Farwest Dr. S.W.
Lakewood, WA 98498
This is the only available testing date and location for consideration for admission in Summer 2019. Alternative test dates and length of times are not allowed, except as required by law. Applicants are asked to reserve four hours for the tests.
Reasons for Invalidation
The following items INVALIDATE an application. This list is not exhaustive:
- Failure to submit a completed application by the due date posted for the application year. Late applications are invalidated.
- Failure to follow and meet all academic and process criteria as outlined in the dental hygiene application process.
- Failure to complete the criminal background check by the application deadline.
- Failure to correctly submit and meet subsequent due dates for documentation past the application due date.
- Failure to attain a minimum 2.5 GPA in any single dental hygiene prerequisite course and a cumulative 3.3 GPA in all dental hygiene prerequisite courses.
- Failure to pay the application fees.
- Plagiarism or false representation in any way.
- Previous Pierce College Dental Hygiene students, who earned an academic or code of conduct dismissal, may be invalidated or their application points may be reduced up to 10% point value at final ranking.
Notification of Acceptance
All applicants will be notified of their offer of acceptance (conditional or unconditional), alternate status, or non-acceptance into the Pierce College Dental Hygiene Program by Pierce College student email sent by the fourth Friday in April.