In-Class Course Schedule
Welcome to Pierce College at JBLM! Our classes run on an accelerated 9-week session, and are held at the Stone and McChord Education Centers on JBLM.
We are still open, we’re just doing things differently. In response to COVID-19 and governmental guidance, Pierce College has moved the majority of services and instruction online to the greatest extent possible to keep you and our community healthy, while also serving your educational needs.
Important Class Type Definitions
- In-Class: Course meetings are conducted face-to-face in a classroom on JBLM.
- Hybrid: Course meetings are split between face-to-face classroom sessions on JBLM and through the internet using the Canvas learning management system. Classes are noted Hybrid in the course schedule below.
- Online: Course meetings are asynchronous and are conducted through the internet using the Canvas learning management system. Courses may have an optional online class meeting using a videoconferencing tool, such as Zoom.
- OER: Open Educational Resources are course materials provided by your instructor in lieu of a traditional textbook at a cost of $0 - $10.
Important Notes on Tuition Assistance (TA) Guidelines
- TA will cover the cost of course tuition only. This means you are responsible for additional costs, such as lab fees and textbooks.
- TA requires a grade of "C" or better in each course. If a lower grade is earned, the Army will require repayment.
- DOD Army TA requires enrollment 24 hours prior to the first day of the session.
- DOD Air Force TA requires the TA request be submitted at least 7 days prior to the start of the class.
- DOD Navy TA requires that TA applications must be submitted and command approved no later than 14 days preceding the class start date.
Important Notes to VA Education Benefit Users
- Hybrid and online courses may impact your BAH benefits. Please consult the Veterans Services Office if you have questions about your specific benefit program.
- Courses below 100-level must be taken in a standard in-class format to qualify for VA education benefit funding.
- Only courses that apply to your declared degree program are covered by VA education benefits.
Student Support Services
- JBLM Registration
- JBLM Advising
- College Catalog
- Financial Aid
- Veterans Services Office
- Access and Disability Support Services
- Veterans Resource Center
Important Dates – Winter 2022
- 01 Nov: Registration opens
- 02 Jan: Last day to submit in-class courses funding request in Army Ignite by 11:59 p.m. EST
- 03 Jan: Session begins for in-class courses
- 05 Jan: Last day to register for in-class courses
- 07 Jan: Last day to drop an in-class course with a 100% refund
- 14 Jan: Last day to drop an in-class course without a 100% refund
- 07 Mar: Last day to withdraw from an in-class course with a "W" grade
- 09 Mar: Session ends for in-class courses
|17777||ACCT& 201||Principles of Accounting I||5.0||MCC 409||Th HYBRID||5:15P||7:45P||Deen-Conteh, F||MATH 096 or MATH 098 with a grade of at least 2.0|
|BIOL& 160||General Biology W/Lab||5.0||MCC 419||TTh||12:30P||4:30P||Schwartz, J||Completed MATH 096 with a 2.0 or eligible for MATH 098 AND eligible for ENGL& 101. Completed CHEM& 100 with a 2.0 grade or better or CHEM& 139 or concurrently enrolled in CHEM& 121 or CHEM& 161 or beyond.|
|BIOL& 160||General Biology W/Lab||5.0||MCC 416||TTh||5:15P||9:15P||Schwartz, J||Completed MATH 096 with a 2.0 or eligible for MATH 098 AND eligible for ENGL& 101. Completed CHEM& 100 with a 2.0 grade or better or CHEM& 139 or concurrently enrolled in CHEM& 121 or CHEM& 161 or beyond.|
|BIOL& 241||Human A & P 1||6.0||FTL C115||MW||9:30A||2:05P||Putman, B||OER||BIOL& 160 with a grade of 2.0 or better and CHEM& 100 with a 2.0 or better or instructor permission.|
|BIOL& 241||Human A & P 1||6.0||FTL C115||MW||5:15P||9:50P||Putman, B||OER||BIOL& 160 with a grade of 2.0 or better and CHEM& 100 with a 2.0 or better or instructor permission.|
|BIOL& 242||Human A & P 2||6.0||FTL C117||MW||9:30A||2:05P||Freyre, M||Completion of BIOL& 241 with 2.0 or better or instructor permission.|
|BIOL& 242||Human A & P 2||6.0||FTL C115||Th HYBRID||9:30A||12:30P||Hutcheon, J||Completion of BIOL& 241 with 2.0 or better or instructor permission|
|BIOL& 260||Microbiology||5.0||FTL C115||TTh HYBRID||2:30P||4:30P||Turkoglu, A||BIOL& 160 with a minimum grade of 2.0 is required, and CHEM& 139 or CHEM& 121 with a minimum grade of 2.0 is required, or instructor permission.|
|17853||BUS& 101||Introduction to Business||5.0||FTL C105||M HYBRID||5:15P||7:45P||Hansen, J||None.|
|CHEM& 121||Introduction To Chemistry||5.0||MCC 419||MW HYBRID||5:15P||8:35P||Xu, S||CHEM& 100 with a grade of at least 1.5, high school chemistry or instructor's permission. Must be eligible for MATH 098.|
|CHEM& 131||Introduction To Organic And Biochemistry||6.0||MCC 419||TTh HYBRID||5:15P||8:15P||Van Alstyne, E||CHEM& 121 with a grade of at least 1.5.|
|19386||CMST& 220||Fundamentals of Public Speaking||5.0||FTL C133||T HYBRID||5:15P||7:45P||Rafferty, R||OER||None.|
|19392||COLLG 110||College Success||3.0||FTL C133||T HYBRID||3:15P||4:50P||Rafferty, R||OER||None.|
|19720||ENGL& 101||English Composition I||5.0||FTL C123||W HYBRID||5:00P||7:00P||Schwarz, A||OER||Placement or ENGL 99 with a grade of 2.0 or better. College level reading ability. This class is not open to those enrolled in ENGLC 101.|
|19799||ENGL& 102||Composition II: Argumentation And Research||5.0||FTL C123||W HYBRID||2:30P||4:30P||Schwarz, A||OER||ENGL& 101 with a grade of 2.0 or better|
|17894||HIST& 158||US History III||5.0||FTL C109||T HYBRID||5:15P||7:45P||Sandin, J||None.|
|17472||MATH 77||Preparation for College Math||5.0||FTL C123||T HYBRID||11:30A||2:00P||Myers, J||OER||None.|
|17570||MATH& 146||Introduction to Statistics||5.0||FTL C119||Th HYBRID||5:15P||7:45P||Nelson, H||OER||MATH 077, MATH 096 or MATH 098 or equivalent with a grade of at least 2.0 or satisfactory placement test score. This class is not open to those enrolled in MATHC 146.|
|17576||MATH& 146||Introduction to Statistics (coreqs only)||5.0||FTL C119||TTh HYBRID||3:00P||4:30P||Petkovsek, J||OER||Enrollment in this class requires the simultaneous enrollment in MATHC 146 class number 17597.
MATH 077, MATH 096 or MATH 098 or equivalent with a grade of at least 2.0 or satisfactory placement test score.
|17597||MATHC 146||Introduction to Statistics Corequisite||2.0||FTL C119||TTh HYBRID||2:00P||3:00P||Petkovsek, J||OER||Enrollment in this class requires the simultaneous enrollment in MATH& 146 class number 17576. This is a support class for students who have not met the MATH& 146 prerequisites.|
|18066||POLS& 203||International Relations||5.0||FTL C133||Th HYBRID||5:15P||7:45P||Mitchell, C||none|
|18078||PSYC& 100||General Psychology||5.0||FTL C105||TTh||2:00P||4:00P||Ostrom, M||none|
|18100||PSYC& 200||Lifespan psychology||5.0||MCC 412||SAT||8:00A||1:00P||Ostrom, M||PSYC& 100 or PSYC 201, with a 1.5 grade or better.|
|18173||SOC 235||Race and Ethnicity||5.0||FTL C105||W HYBRID||5:15P||7:45P||Webster, C||None.|
|18175||SOC& 101||Introduction to Sociology||5.0||FTL C105||W HYBRID||2:00P||4:00P||Buescher, B||OER||None.|
|19413||SPAN& 121||Spanish I||5.0||FTL C123||T HYBRID||2:00P||4:45P||Sanders, C||OER||None.|